THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

NYC Shlomy Rejwan..

JT Brooklyn
This topic is 5352 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

JT - Unless you object to the fact that he was in an apartment instead of a house, or know something more about the apartment area he was living in than I do, I'm not sure how you come to see him as a Low Rent, Hand Job type? And, if you're going to be that judegemental about him, why are you so interested in him as to start this thread?

Hello JT Brooklyn:

Not to be too hard on you and I don't believe Bilbo was, I too am concerned about your lack of fundamental humanity in your description of this human being now deceased. He has used up every opportunity to be kind, to be respected, to be treated and to treat his fellow human being with dignity and honor. I hope he used those opportunities wisely and that he was settled and satisfied in his own mind concerning his time on this planet. I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. May God have mercy on all our mortal souls.

Houston Bonfires

Guest zipperzone

>I hope he used those opportunities wisely and that he was

>settled and satisfied in his own mind concerning his time on

>this planet.

I understand he was just about to be deported so it is unlikely that he was very settled and satisfied. I can't begin to imagine the anxiety being in that position would cause.

It would be gratifying to find out that he did not suffer unduly when he met his untimely demise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest kimberly

I knew the young man...he was beautiful

I was a hs teacher in at a small hs in NYC when I got a call early one morning that one of our students was arrested for the murder of Mr. Rejwan. The accused was a gentle young man named Jose. He preferred reading to being rowdy in the lunchroom. He was thoughtful, respectful and raised well with both parents in the home. He was not a thug, thief, gang member or in any way trying to hurt people as he lived his life. He was a good example for his younger brother, attending school, doing well, minding his business and working a part time job. He had just come here from the Dominican Republic less than a year before that.

High school is a time when people are really figuring out who they are, and our school environment was very supportive of students coming out. With 100 students per grade, we knew everyone's business and we were their staunchest supporters. Many of our students acknowledged their sexual preferences and I think that was very hard for them, coming from a Latino background and being so courageous to be honest with who they were while so young.

Jose was surely one of these young men exploring his sexuality. The power of the internet was new to him; he had never had access before. He did not know how to safely navigate, I think. But we all know how alluring it can be and how bad-intentioned people hide behind their computers. Police sources said there was merit to his claim that another man was involved. I believe Jose was put in a compromising position and had his own life threatened by a 3rd party that brought him to this apartment. I do believe someone else had a grudge with Mr. Rejwan and used Jose (seriously naive, not street-wise) as a cover. This was not a homophobic act perpetrated by Jose. He may very well have been seeking an erotic experience and would have no issue himself with Mr. Rejwan.

Jose was placed on Riker's Island and did not understand what was happening to him. After being remanded after a bail hearing, he took his life in "the Tombs". I do not believe it was out of guilt for having killed a man; I think it was out of fear and shame. When you come from a "normal" household, you actually care what your family and friends think. I know in my heart that his intentions were pure and thank you all for letting me share. He was not anti-anyone. He was kind and gentle, not a closet psycho killer. I hope they can both rest in peace.

Archived