THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rates! Rates in Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket) re: Offting??

Axiom2001
This topic is 6823 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Some forty days from now I will be in Thailand if all plans go as made. When one off's a guy from one of the clubs or bars, what is the given hourly/overnight rate/s?

Today on Thaiboy.net, an expat had written NOT to pay more than the going rate, but he did not mention what the rates are/were. Please send me guidance in this matter!

depends on the city and the bar....

BKK Boys Bangkok, Dreamboys, Jupiter Boys, Future Boys are 400 off to the bar , the rest (that I goto ) are 300...also Tawan bar is 400 also.

Pattaya, Throb, Splash and Boys Boys Boys gets 400 off as well.

Now for how much to give the guys.....

this varies from whom you speak to, but after having been to Brasil ,Axiom, where you have about a 90% success rate of having good sex, That number drops to about 60% in Bkk and 40% in Pattaya.

I love the thai's but they are not nearly as hot and sensual as the Brasillan guys nor cubans.

So what to pay, ....Tawan guys will always get 1500 and almost never do an overnight...unless there is more money in it (just for sleeping, crazy)

the bars where the off is 400 expect more for themselves as well, in bkk I would give 1000 for short time or long time as long as sex was ok.

If they didnt perform, or had some excuse why they couldn't, I would give 500...in any city.

if they were good then I would give 1200....Pattaya expectations were always lower and 1000 was good for them if they were good for me...except Boystown bars, they wanted BKK money.

I have never had an altercation with a thai over money like in Brasil...In the end I would just say "up to me"

Just a short note....I just finished a cruise where I met a REALLY nice thai crewmember that spent every night in my cabin and he said the reason I never meet any real and nice gay Thai guy is because of the places I go while in Thailand.

he might be right.

I was there for 3 weeks in sept-oct and had good sex maybe 2 times.

I would agree, the rates mentioned for the boys in BKK are the going rates. However, though I think Brazilian are the hottest looking men you can ever find, if you meat the right Thai men, they can be much more affectionate and passionate in bed.

For whatever reason I had much higher success rate of having good sex in BKK than what floridarob listed. Half of the guys I usually have sex with in BKK are not Rent-boys, but guys I meet elswhere, mainly on the Internet. Which is much more difficult, and risky to do in Brazil.

Like floridarob, I never had a Thai boy argue with me about money, which is not rare in Brazil. However, I think Thai culture is not confrontational. Thai boys tend to take what they want (Your money) using charm rather than arguments, and violence. Thailand is truely the land of smiling faces...

OHGWM226

ohgwm226, how do you connect with these guys? Any recommended Internet sites? I’m preparing for a trip to Thailand but didn’t know about “advance preparations” of this type. I guess I thought the guys on the web would just be working guys or scams.

I’d appreciate your guidance.

Thanks for this helpful information FloridaRob and others. I just returned from Brasil last Wednesday, but instead of my resting and recuperating-- I am doing my plans for my impending trip to Thailand in December which I am extending by two weeks after I leave my small group of fellow travelers.

I hope that I will NOT be disappointed on my third trip to the "land of smiles" as it is so named. Although remember fellows: "smiling faces do not always tell the truth." quote from a song of the 70s...

BTW I have never had ANY problems with the guys in Brasil regarding their fee; they quote-- I quote and hold firm and fair. I guess I've been lucky or blessed.

(Right now I yearn for the warmth of Rio; I live in an area in CA where it does not get as warm as I need and desire now!)

Again, tremendous thanks to all who responded to this thread!)

I've found that in Thailand you are more likely to encounter a barboy who speaks some English than in Brazil. If he doesn't speak English, he is likely to smile and say "Yes" to whatever you say. Most Thais will advise you that "All smiles not mean the same thing," but with a bit of practice it isn't that difficult to differentiate between the real and the bogus. The problem that a lot of farangs have, especially first-timers, is that they fall for a pretty face and/or body as soon as they walk into a bar and throw common sense to the winds. The hottest looking guy does NOT guarantee the hottest sex. In fact, it often winds up being the opposite, although there are many exceptions. It pays to spend a little time getting to know the personality of your object of desire.

You are quite, quite correct, Rampo; I wholeheartedly concur with your position. When I was in Thailand in 1994, I went with a very handsome guy who was featured on the cover of a leading Thai gay guide at the time which I purchased in the States. To my complete disbelief and dissatisfaction, he was a total dud in bed. I was perplexed as well as appalled. The next day the guys with whom I traveled asked about my experience with him: I had to lie!

Also, on another occasion, I went into a bar in Pattaya's Boystown with our small group; the ugliest bar boy in the place sat on the floor next to me sporting the biggest dick that I had seen on a Thai guy; this guy pleaded and begged me to off him; he also told me everything that he would do for me as well as to me; because of his face and the circumstances, I politely declined. I felt sorry for him then as well as now...

Thought I'd share these two experiences since Rampo wrote so candidly and helpfully!

Well, I guess this a basic fact, regardless where you are. There is absolutely no correlation between good looks, and performance in bed. It does not matter if the guy was Thai, Brazilian or American, he maybe the hottest looking, but the coldest, or..hottest in bed or vice versa... we certainly fool ourselves when we believe, hot looking guys perform better in bed.. Their bodies maybe hotter, but not necessarly their performance which may be excellent, or boring, and frustrating.....You would not know till you get with the guy in bed..

OHGWm226

• 2 months later...

I spent a month in Thailand and offed three guys during this time: the fee was what FloridaRob and others quoted:Baht 400 at Dreamboys in Bkk and I think Baht 300 or 400 at Lex's in Pattaya. I had three experiences, none as stimulating as I had when I was in Brasil on my five visits. During a period of reflection one day, while I was at Jontiem Beach, that I definitely prefer the Brasilan men over the Thais when it comes to the sensual and the sexual.

As a man of color myself, I am NOT being a racist at all: I am merely citing my preferance. I do plan to return to Thailand to enjoy what I didn't experience during this particular trip. I did have five superhot massage sessions, though, and yearn to have more! Ouch! Wow! :p :9 :p

Thanks, guys, for your most helpful advice!!!!!

Archived