THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Lodging Suggestions in Pattaya!!!!

Axiom2001
This topic is 6989 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In January of next year, after my three week tour in Thailand, I will be on my own for an additional three weeks plus, traveling to Phuket, Pattaya, and back to Bangkok.

While I am in Pattaya, my second stop solo, and my second time to this area, I'd like suggestions as where to stay besides the Ambiance Hotel or Le Cafe Royale Hotel. A good friend of mine who's been there has discouraged my stay at either venue since I'll be there during the high season. His prime concern is my low tolerance level for noise and frenzy.

I went to dreadedned.com and did some perusing of venues in Pattaya, but they are all alien to me as well as the two aforementioned lodgings.

What suggestions can you who have been there make on my behalf? It's time for me to make my reservations before the places are fully booked.

Thank you- :-) :-) :-)

I stayed at the Ambiance last month and found it very peaceful and quiet. There was absolutely no noise from outside the hotel (although the 1st floor rooms get bleed from the disco below). The staff are very polite, assured, charming, and helpful. Superb furnishings and spotlessly clean. Great food and room service.

Yeah it is in the middle of Boystown but I don't find that strip any less frantic than most of Pattaya, unless you want to go to an exclusive resort surrounded by lots of property -- and then transportation is a bit of a hassle.

I usually trave lwith a friend and we get the two-bedroom suite at the Ambiance but all the suites are terrific. I believe they have reduced rates for extended stays.

I stayed at Cafe Royale a few years back and it was at best acceptable. The rooms were a little shabby, smelled a little like disenfectant. Fair value for the price but not a place I'd want to spend a long time.

While I enjoy the night life there I get bored very quickly in Pattaya -- when its really hot and humid its just too draining to head out to Jomtien. I used to want to get out of Bangkok asap but nowadays its where I'd prefer to be for longer stays.

Thanks mjd for your response. I'd hope for others to do likewise to help me. Now is the time for me to begin booking my lodgings since I'll be traveling in "the land of smiles" during its "high season"!

Where have the rest of you travelers stayed while in Pattaya and Phuket?

Thanks guys-- Although I tried to book lodging in the hotels that you suggested, I was a little too late; they were booked during the times that I planned to be in Pattaya, but I do thank you tremendously for the suggestions.

I will be staying at Pattaya Hill Beach Hotel. In Bangkok The Tarntawan Place, and The Aquarius in Phuket. I'm glad that this has been confirmed.

Now it's time to read, read, read, and plan, plan, plan further.

Archived