THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Pattaya vs Phuket

mjd
This topic is 7244 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest icon513

Pattaya, if you're solely after the nightlife. Also, it is cheaper.

Phuket, if you have any intention of going in the water.

Both places have plenty of boys.

Guest icon513

I do not go in the water at Jomthien, but some do. To me, it is an unappealing brown color and leaves an oily-feeling residue. No idea if it is actually "safe" by international standards or not.

I have not taken a boat to Koh Larn, but I'm sure the water is cleaner out there.

Apart from the beach and the nightlife, there is pretty much nothing else in Pattaya (in my opinion). Sure, there are tourist traps like Mini Siam, Nongnuch Village, the Museum of Bottle Art ... if you're into that kind of thing.

Most people, however, fall into the routine of crawling out of bed around noon, spending a few hours at the gay beach, having a siesta before dinner, hitting the bars, picking up a boy, fucking until three or four in the morning, then going to sleep. Repeat ad nauseum (if nauseum ever comes).

When I was in Pattaya, I went to an orchid farm, a Thai show during the day which recapped some history and culture, Tiffany's (in spite of some of the negative reviews I've read at this site), took a regular bus ride around the place, did the nightlife in Boystown, etc.. I plan to spend a week or so doing Pattaya (solo) next May when I travel to "The Land of Smiles" with my group.

Right now I plan to read everything at this forum, Ned's site, gayguide books on travel, etc. The trip will be filled with sex, cutlure, sex, culture, etc....... :-) :-) :-)

As I remember, Phuket's Patong beach has numerous seafood restaurants with cute little elephants hanging around out front. The trip to James bond island is utterly gorgeous.

You should probably not wear an I Love America shirt in Phuket though...at least, if you are American!

>Most people, however, fall into the routine of crawling out of

>bed around noon, spending a few hours at the gay beach, having

>a siesta before dinner, hitting the bars, picking up a boy,

>fucking until three or four in the morning, then going to

>sleep. Repeat ad nauseum (if nauseum ever comes).

Holy Shit. I resemble this remark. :) The ad nausem seems not to come yet. :)

Archived