THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Back to Thailand

TotallyOz
This topic is 7201 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My tickets are now secure for Thailand and I have my hotel arrangements taken care of. I will be there for November and December and a week or two in January! I am VERY excited to go back to the land of smiles as there is no place on earth that brings so many to my face! Pattaya, are you ready for me? Here I come!

Great! and enjoy! and it should lead to a lot more good information that I, for one, would value, as I shall be there after Christmas.

One thing puzzles me in connection with your enthusiastic post of last March about the Gentleman's Club in Pattaya. I have an out-of-date guide of 1999 that mentions it, but it is nowhere listed, as far as I can see, on the current net sites about Thailand and Pattaya. Has it closed since you were there, or is there some reason why the sites don't like to advertise it? You may not have the answer to this until you've been back, but if you have any news at any time it would be welcome.

Gerry.

Guest Marquis

I too will value reading of your experience. All of these favorable reviews have me planning a first ever visit to this land of smiles (probably Pattaya only) for one week that I'll have in February. Seems it would be fun to stay right on the beach if it's not too expensive or too far from the clubs (haven't yet found a map with a scale of miles). One of these links provided on a M4M review shows a Howard's, located between Sunnee Plaza and Cafe Royale, with a rooftop garden that sounds like a nice feature, especially at 600 (local currency) with a/c and queen sized beds. Could something be wrong here? Looking forward to all that you can share with us.

>Icon 513 - I'm not surprised to hear that is the answer - in

>fact, it's sort of implied in the way I asked the question

>that that was exactly my worry. It's good to be warned by

>someone who knows. Thanks.

Icon certainly knows better than me about the situation there as he is there year round and knows the boys and the bars better. However, I found that the bar was great fun and the reason I like it was because it had more ladyboys than any other bar in Boyztown. Since often times that is my preference, I look for bars that have that. You are crazy if you think that you do not have to be careful at any bar in Thailand. There is jailbait all over and the smart individual knows this. I always ask the mamasan, then I check with the boy and when I get to my hotel, I have a good rapport with my hotel and they keep the ID and do not let anyone underage in the hotels I stay at. That being said, the boys I had from Gentlemen's Club were both in the 20's. One was 24 and the other was also in the 20's but I forgot his age. I just loved the atmosphere of the boys there dancing and having a good time. They seemed to be friends and friendly with each other and I enjoyed watching them together.

As far as lists go, I have not found one good website that has all the bars there. The ones I usually direct guys to are: dreadedned.com and dragoncastle.net Both are great but by no means complete. Many of the bar owners don't know to list their bar with the sites or with the magazines. It is a different world there and they are more concerned with getting the farang in front of the building to be ushered into the club, more so than they are the internet users who dream of going to the club.

But, as I have said before, to each his own. Some people do not like Sunnee and say the whole area should be shut down. I like Kaos bar in that area and enjoy my time there. I don't go with guys from the other Sunnee bars that would put me at risk but many do. I think you are much better off going to Gentlemen's Club than you would be going to the beach or to a public pool or the mall. Gays boys abound in Pattaya. I don't think the magazines mention the mall in Pattaya either, but there are an awful lot of cute boys there every day and yes they are available! The best thing to do is to take a night or two and visit every bar for just 10 minutes or so. Buy a drink, see the atmosphere and see which ones you like and which ones you don't. Go back to the ones you enjoyed. But, don't avoid a bar simply because it is not in a magazine or on a website. You'll miss a lot of fun places!

Like I said, I am not the native there and I bow to Icon's knowledge and experience gathered from many years in the city. I know that both he and I want everyone in Hooville to go to Thailand for a visit and see all the wonderful experiences you can have! I guess I just had a great time going to each bar and seeing what I liked and did not like in person rather than listening to Icon or me or a magazine or a website. Go to each area and spend time there. Then, you will find what you feel comfortable with.

As for me, I am taken and have a wonderful Thai boy that will be spending time with me most of my trip. I say boy, but he is 29. To any that don't like me calling him boy, sorry. He gets upset if I say otherwise. ;) Truthfully, he is not a boy but a ladyboy and I have mentioned him on many posts. He has traveled with me extensively in Thailand and I love spending time with him. I am sure that he and I will get in a bit of mischief while there, but more low key than usual as I will be showing some friends around the city. And, I assure you that Gentlemen's Club will be on each tour. :) So will Throb, my favorite late night place and Mr. Leks.

Howard's is nice and clean. It is fine to stay at. It is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean. It is right next to the Sunnee area and only a few seconds walk to the main baht bus route. The bar downstairs is fun and seems to be well run. I think that Howards, Ambiance and Cafe Royale are the best gay run hotels in the area. The last two are a bit more upscale than the first one but all 3 are fine to stay in.

Archived