THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Bangkok

johnnysneakers
This topic is 7496 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You're going to have to be more specific regarding which hotel you're talking about. There is no consistent policy, even among four and five star hotels. Guests are no problems at some, require a "joiners" fee at others, and are outright prohibited at others.

For all the latest Bangkok sex gossip, try the Thailand message board at http://www.cruisingforsex.com (which I co-Moderate).

I totally agree with glutes. The Tartawan is a great hotel. I was there last November and will not even bother looking for another hotel when I return to Bangkok. The staff is cordial and understanding. The security is excellent. The location couldn't be any better, ie close to the bars, the Skytrain, etc. I was very comfortable there.

ag

Johnny many of the views you'll receive here are probably good advice however I cannot stress enough no matter how many times you've been to Thailand you should check out the very-up-to-date cfs Thailand forum that is moderated by cupidman and our very own Icon. On my first trip to Thailand nearly 4 years ago I would have been lost without Icon's suggestions.

Things have changed significantly over the past month in Bangkok, hopefully only temporarily. There is almost no nudity in the go-go bars, and the entertainment is strictly G-rated. It is all part of an attempt to "clean up" the city ahead of the upcoming APEC leaders' meeting third week of October. There will be at least 10,000 local security personnel on duty. George W. is, of course, bringing 1,000 of his own. Let's hope everything returns to normal before too long.

h i o

Yeah, the go-go boys are clothed. I think it's more than APEC. The Interior Ministry has been cracking down on bars that stay open late (going in and doing drug tests, checking people's papers, etc.) and there are some continuing reverberations from raids at a couple bathhouses (places with Thai clientele in the northern area of the city).

The hotels have already stepped up security for APEC and they may get more picky about who you bring into your room closer to the meeting (which I think is Oct 17-23). Nontheless, my "just back from Bangkok" observation is that a lot of it still has to do with how your companion looks/acts and the time of day. It's harder to sheperd someone who looks like a "hooker" when your hotel is hosting a reception for the Prime Minister or a wedding filled with VIPs (situations that have come up in recent trips to Bangkok for me; fortunately I was with somone who didn't look like a "hooker". Once it's late enough for the wedding or reception to end, hotels will be less choosy about your choice of company. As a rule, the hotels are more on guard about female companions than males and it tends to be more difficult to make a bar girl seem inconspicuous than a bar boy. That said, a guy from Tawan will attract a lot of attention, esp. if he dresses to show off. If you're coming back late and the guy has something to cover his wife beater and your not staying at the Oriental, you'll be fine. The worst that can happen is that they guy will be asked to leave his ID at the front desk and you'll be out a relatively small fee for having a guest. The bar boys who've been around for a while will have done this before; some prefer going to a short-time hotel because it's less hassle.

Guest msclonly

I have often wondered why the guys dress up in muscle shirts with various messages on them or leather outfits, then wonder why they are stopped by the security at major hotels. It seems the hosts would advise them to just wear a dressier shirt and slacks. Leave the motorcycle boots and levis with studded belt at home.

:9 :* :p :+

• 2 months later...
Guest msclonly

Flying out tonite, and will do my own investigative report.

Checked with a travel agent with many tours to Thailand, and he said have a good time.

I will be happier if things are toned down. :+ :9 :p

• 3 weeks later...
Guest msclonly

RE: BaBETTER THEN EVER!

Just got back fro BKK and HKG. It is better then ever and there are NO changes to worry about. Only the tourist trade is almost none existent, which cuts the competition! :)

Archived