THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Thailand, April 2003

This topic is 7840 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am headed to Bangkok and perhaps Pattaya in mid April and would appreciate hotel info/advice as well as other info. I gather from other posts that the Tawan Muscle Club is better than ever and the police are not hassling these establishments, as well Babylon Sauna is back in business as well.

I have never been to Pattaya and would like to know if it is worthwhile to go there? Again hotels and club info would be appreciated.

Johnny:P

Guest icon513

If you are looking to buy sex, and like younger, slimmer guys, then Pattaya might be a worthwhile side-trip. If you're more into clubbing, the sauna scene, and non-commercial contacts, however, you'll be much happier in Bangkok.

For lots of information on hotels and the scene in general, come on over to the Thailand board and the Thailand archive in the message boards section of http://www.cruisingforsex.com.

Other good sites for information are:

http://www.pattayagay.com

http://www.dreadedned.com

http://www.thaiguys.org

Guest pshaw

As always, Icon gives good advice.

I would characterize Pattaya as Patpong-By-the-Sea. When you tire of the heat and air pollution of Bangkok, the gulf breezes of Pattaya are only a couple of hours away (about a $25 taxi ride). It is fairly honky tonk, but most manage to have fun. As Icon pointed out, if you are looking for saunas like Babylon or discos like DJ Station, forget it. Hollywood and Xzyte are the most popular discos, but they are mixed crowd Thai-style discos - you don't go there to meet and pick up guys; you go there with the guy you have already picked up. In Pattaya, 99.9% of the gay action is commercial. (Although I met my Thai boyfriend in Pattaya, away from the gay commercial scene, this is not the norm there.)

There are lots of gay gogo bars, gay host bars, gay massage saunas and gay beer bars in Pattaya, most of which are located in either the Boyztown or Sunee Plaza areas. The two areas are about a 10 minute walk apart from each other. A few of the Sunee bars still have severely underaged boys hanging around, so it is a good idea to check IDs if your taste runs to the younger looking guys. Sex shows are not the norm at Pattaya gogo bars.

One of the biggest draws of Pattaya is the gay beach at Jomtien, south of South Pattaya. There are a couple of gay bars in this location, but the beach must be experienced. You can eat and drink all day for less than $5, and if you want, get a no-sex massage on the beach for another $5. In the gay section, moneyboys parade back and forth, play volleyball and frolic in the waves, seeking to attract your attention. If you go to the beach alone, within a couple of minutes one of these boys will probably plop down in the chair next to you, offer his hand, and say the usual:

"HellowhatsyournamewhereyoufromIlikeAmericamyname____howlongyoustayThailand?"

The big three gay hotels in Pattaya are the Ambiance Hotel, Le Cafe Royale Hotel, and the Icon Hotel. The first two are pretty nice and across the street from each other on Pattayland Soi 3 in Boyztown. No pool at either. Their rates are a bit higher than comparable non-gay hotels, but most rooms are still less than $50 a day. The Icon Hotel is more upscale, more expensive, has a pool, and is located a bit farther from almost all of the gay venues, but still only a short song taeo bus ride away. Many regulars stay at the gay-friendly Welcome Plaza Hotel, across Second Road from Boyztown. It's a large tourist hotel with somewhat outdated rooms, has a pool, and room rates run about $25 a day. A good value if you want to stay VERY close to the gay commercial venues.

Johnny:

Tell me what type of hotel you are looking for - specifically - and I'll try to help. I live in Bangkok and visit Pattaya occasionally.

If you've never been to Pattaya, it's worth a visit - if only for the curiosity value. For your first time, I definitely suggest staying in Boyz Town. The Ambience Hotel used to be okay - but no longer. For some reason, they've sold the newer section of the hotel (and the gym/sauna/massage) to their competitor, Le Cafe Royale, which is now definitely the place to stay in Boyz Town. Across the street is Boyz Boyz Boyz, a go go bar with about 40-50 dancers each night, but only 3-4 Tawan-standard muscle.

After reading the preceding responses-- my interests and memories began to peak! I must return to Thailand, to BoyzBoyzBoyz. When I went-- I stayed in a small hotel right on the Jonteim (sp) Beach. ...brought one somewhat mature guy back to my room with me without encountering any overt difficulty; when he and walked inside of the hotel, up the small flight of stairs-- the desk clerk, a woman, gave both of us a "strange" look. That was all! The guy was nicely muscled and could plow, much to my delight. I was going on a cruise with Sam and his boys the next day and invited my guest to join me; unfortunately,he could not!

You will enjoy Thailand! I must return one of these days and further experience the culture and people of the "Land of Smiles"!:-) :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I leave this week.

Decided to stay at the Marriott in Pattaya, just to be safe with a good hotel. Will I have problems with guests there?

Is there any muscle at all in Bangkok (I know about the Tawan strip club) or in Pattaya. I know this may be a bit much to expect in Thailand but any recommendations would be great.

It is 40C there now! OMG.

April is one of the hottest months (literally) to go to Thailand. When I did it, there were two days where it was too hot to leave the hotel. Now, with the SARS epidemic, I would be even less likely to go to Thailand as I would inevitably fly through another airport like Hong Kong or Tokyo where many travelers from affected regions might be mingling.

Nonetheless, I am very curious how things are going in Thailand, where I have had many wonderful times. Pattay was always a favorite of mine, especially the Jomtien Beach and Boys Boyz Boyz. So, Johnny, have a great time and keep us informed of what you are seeing, please?

Archived