THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

question about gaytravelbrazil

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 5800 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a question about gtb.. I have read about them as being a good service to use, especially for first time visitors such as myself. I emailed them thru their website about 4-5 days ago to get some info about hotels for the trip I am planning. I have not heard back from them yet.. Does it normally take them several days or longer to get back to requests, or should I try again? Are they good at getting special rates at convenient hotels? Thanks..

Although I have not used Drey's services but have posted a lot of information on his site, it normally doesn't take him too long to correspond (from a friend's experience), so I'd imagine he is engaged in other matters of emergency right now.

Write him and get the complete low down.

I've emailed him at his site, and he has gotten back to me quite expeditiously. (He can save you some money.)

I'd also suggest that you do a lot of reading at his site as well as Drey's to avoid any unnecessary problemos during your travels. Your doing the "homework" prior to traveling will alleviate a lot of problems which some guys have encountered because they went on a whim and attempted to play it by ear!

I used gtb site almost everytime I go to Brazil. Drey has been very helpful and very attentive in my accommodations. Depending on when you are going to Brazil, Drey responses to his e-mail promptly. Like what AX have said, he may be busy or travelling in South America. But do give a few more days then send him another e-mail.

And if this is your first time in Brazil, do a lot of reading on this site also on gtb site. They are very informative.

Guest Fisher

I have used GTB since 2006 and have been very,

very satisfied. Depending upon what questions

you asked in your email, might be the reason it

is taking a bit of time. If you asked about

specific travel dates, hotels, tours, cities,

airlines, etc, Drey does the research, so it

takes a few days - it is also sometimes difficult

to get info from Brazilian companies on weekends.

Also make sure your contacted the correct GTB.

Drey's sight/agency is Gaytravelbrazil with a "Z"

There is another sight/agency called Gaytravelbrasil

with an "S". I recommend Drey with a "Z"

Tchau,

Fisher :-)

Guest dreynsol

Hi LurkerSpeaks,

I don't check this site too often but heard that you had posted.

And first, I'd like to say, thanks for considering us. These times are very difficult for any travel business specializing in international travel to Brazil. But, luckily we have other sources of income :-)

I've searched through all of our e-mails dating back to July 9, including our spam folder and don't see any correspondence that I haven't responded to.

And thanks guys for the great reviews. I can only think of one lapse in the last couple of years for a week or two when I was on vacation that I did not respond within 24 hours. Everyone that books travel with us has my cell phone number which I always answer.

All of the e-mail from info@gaytravelbrazil.com should be forwarding to gtbrazil@gmail.com, so if for some reason that address is not forwarding, please e-mail us directly at that address.

And, please do not confuse us with gaytravelbrasil.com (with an 's'). They are a completely different entity.

We have arranged special rates at convenient, gay-friendly hotels throughout Brazil for our travelers, and in most cases can provide gay guides to show you around.

And, I'd agree with Axiom that there is a lot of information at our website: http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com that I would encourage you to read as well. If you don't have a membership, please e-mail us as well, and I can set one up for you.

Thanks again for considering us, and we especially take extra care of our first-time travelers to Brazil. It's a simply amazing country that I think you will thoroughly enjoy.

Drey

• 4 weeks later...

Archived