THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Returning to Mother Brasil

Big Daddy
This topic is 6061 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have not posted for a while but I am still alive and kicking. My last three trips to South America have been to Argentina and Chile. I am however returning to Sao Paulo on December 11th, returning to reality on January 10th. We will be staying at the Hilton Morumbi. I just could not deal with staying at the Bourbon for such a long stay. Just my luck that a new sauna has opened close to the Bourbon.

Wan Hallen is still my Bebito. He has now been part of my life for four years. I met him, for those new to the site, on the second day of my first trip to Rio. He is flying to Sao Paulo from Goiania.

Wan Hallen simply refuses to go to Rio, so we will use Sao Paulo as a base of operations. We will be spending Christmas with his mai in Goiania. Pai still does not know that he has a gringo sugar daddy. Wan Hallen thinks however that his dad is catching on to the fact that he does not have girlfriends and at 24 still has no children. Pai lives in Belem and am sure he will learn of Wan Hallen's namarado from members of the family in Goiania.

There are not many "tourist" attractions in Sao Paulo, but luckily I am easily entertained by fine dining and just being with Wan Hallen. He has become far more protective and is not at all happy if I go to a sauna. I have not quite got him to understand that "variety" is the spice of life.

An ongoing long term relationship with a Brasilian is difficult at best. I am with him 3 months of the year and it is difficult dealing with the remaining 9 months. Have tried every legal way to bring him to Arizona, but to no avail. One of the problems, which I admit that I created, is that I completely support him, and thus he does not have a job to return to. He owns a nice house with a swimming pool, a car, a motorcycle, credit cards and a bank account. He has a family with resources, but still no visa. My only hope is that the Democrats continue to do well and win the Presidency. Each of the Democratic candidates has pledged to sign the Uniting American Families Act, which in effect will allow gays in long term, established relationships to secure visas for their partners. Currently it would pass in the Congress, but would be vetoed by the Village Idiot (Yes, somewhere in Texas there is a village missing its idiot). The bill is very simple. It stikes the term married or a man and a woman, from all legislation concerning immigration.

I hope to post and keep in touch while in Sao Paulo.

Good to be back.

Big Daddy

Have a great trip, BD! Sound like you and Van Wallen are doing great. Yes, I hope that he'll be able to join you in the US one day.

While you're there, two of my favorite places in SP are Vila Madalena, great for restaurants and walking the streets. Then there's the little Praça Buenos Aires in the Higienópolis neighborhood. You'll probably be spenging a lot on taxis! In spite of an efficient metro system, it's not as easy to get around by mass transit as some cities, and it's very spread out.

The Portuguese language museum is great (if you understand Portuguese!). It's fun to go walking in Ibirapuera park, and the museum of African heritage there was great. I took a day trip to the zoo - fun, but having the Bronx Zoo in NYC, this was no comparison. Still they have a lot of beautiful tropical animals and birds there. Enjoy!

Archived