THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Estrogen in the saunas?

Guest EuropTravl
This topic is 6076 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest EuropTravl

Last night at one of the saunas in Rio there walked in a group of 20ish aged females, about 5 or 6, who were dressed and sat at a table in the seating area (sauna Meio Mundo in the Centro, was packed and there was a great drag show which had been publicized ahead) but I'd never seen that before. And they hung around long after - seemed to be getting looks from the older customers in towels because the boys changed from towels slung over their shoulders (or no towels at all) to bathing suits. A not unusual thing to happen? Oh, and they had cameras, too.

Guest msclonly

Did they try to use those cameras or just have them?

What was Managements reaction to this? I assume they didn't mind, if they let them in to take their money. Perhaps business was slow. I can't believe none of the regulars didn't leave!

x(

Guest EuropTravl

>>Perhaps business was slow.

The sauna was a smaller one and it was packed with SRO. Fortunately, the girls had to stand a good while before a table opened up, and, yes, they took pictures, but there was a to-the-hilt drag queen show and many patrons were taking pictures of the acts but one of them was on a staircase asking guys to pose with the group I suppose. It just made me go "hmmm" and I'd never go back to that place (the only one I've seen touristy females - not drag acts - in). I wasn't particularly happy to see them there and hell I was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt (went for the show and drinks/chitchat only). I don't know the "custom" there but I sure would've liked one of the very older patrons to remove his towel point which way the hell out. :p

I have been to Meio Mundo more than a few times. I've been there many nights when there has been a drag show. This past March, on one night when there was a show, one of the impersonators had two or three impersonator groupies with her. They were definitely men, but looked pretty convincing. And possibility that it was ingested estrogen mixed with Pre-Snipped testosterone? Hey, in Rio de Janiero, almost anything is possible!

By the way, the top three performers in Rio, Rose BomBom, Susy Brasil and Kayke Sabatella have quite a booking schedule. It seems you can run into the somewhere nearly every night. They have great personas, not just beauty queen impersonators. I love all three of them.

I am in Rio right now but will be leaving after spending only a week here. It is coincidental that this thread is here because just the other day, my friend who accompanied me on my BAires and Rio leg of my trip mentioned to me the other how some of the transvestite or transexuals in Rio are very difficult to distinguish from REAL women.

Although the originator of the thread stated that he knows what he saw-- more than likely these women were MEN who really had their act together in terms of looks.

I went to Meio Mundo once this time. ...had a great time as the place seems cleaner, the guys were not aggressive, the main room, although small, did not give me claustrophobia. Everything was acceptable, and I am one who views himself as being quite, quite particular about EVERYTHING.

Guest EuropTravl

>>more than likely these women were MEN who really had their act together in terms of looks

Well, ok, I was fooled, my Brazilian companion was fooled, the previously working boys in towels suddenly now shy and in underwear were fooled....:) I really just think the most logical explanation is that they let in EVERYBODY for the show with the expectation that after the last act they'd leave and not hang around (like they did, but we left before them.)

I've seen previous threads here discussing groups of XX's invading the Gaiety or Nob Hill for the show and just thought it was interesting that trend might be spreading to the much discussed and beloved Brazilian saunas. Now I wish I'd sorta tried to talk with them :p After all, when I travel thousands of miles I tend to have a "you'll never see any of these people again in your life" attitude.

Archived