THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

puerto vallarta, mexico

Guest sloburo
This topic is 5332 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest sloburo

Hi guys,

By any chance does anyone knoxs, where to stay, where to meet boys, do u know some boys, which beach is the best?

Thanks a lot friends

do not go, i went 2 years ago, and i will NEVER go back. i was stoped by the police walking back to my hotel, they said they heard i had drugs on me, they got out of the truck, made me put my hands on the cab, then frisked me, they slipped their hands into my pockets, i was so afraid they would slip some drugs in to my pockets, after 5 min of questions they let me go,

mind you i am a 50 year old man, walking alone on my way back to the hotel at 9pm, i was staying at the hotel mecurcio, the hotel was fine

the one stripper bar was fine, just has a bad layout.

I REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO PUERTO VALLARTA, go to rio,

Wow, my experience there was entirely different. I had a great time, met some wonderful local talent, and loved the clubs. We rented one of the local villas that had a few bedrooms, a pool, and came with a cook / maid. I never felt unsafe, but maybe I was just lucky.

We found our place on http://www.villasofdistinction.com , but it was somewhat pricey. The gay beach is called something like 'blue chairs beach' I think, but a few moments on google will answer all those sorts of questions for you.

Kevin Slater

i am glad you had a good time, lucky for me i had read i think in this chat, to watch out for the police and this scam they pull.

but i was by myself, and if i had ended up in jail, no one would of been there to help. i stayed in old town, and the dogs backing from the roof tops went on all night, the smell in the street was not very nice. the beach was fine, and the blue chairs were fine.

but after the police "game" i will never go back, and i would tell everyone DO NOT GO.

Do not be persuaded by one man's negative experience in

Puerto Vallarta. I have been there seven different times

and have never had any trouble. People there are very friendly,

and strippers in the gay bars are incredibly good looking.

A great place to stay is Hotel Mercurio in the Zona Romantica.

It's close to restaurants, bars, and the beach. The staff are very

friendly, and the poolside bartender will keep you entertained.

Buffet breakfast there is a good place to meet fellow guests.

Maximillian, River Cafe, Red Cabbage, and El Arrayon are fine restaurants with delicious good and superb service.

Viva Puerto Vallarta!!!

• 1 year later...

Anytime you get lucky is a time for celebration. I plan to go to PVR soon and stay at the Mercurio. Years ago I went there and found gay life dismal in comparison to Acapulco, but I hear it is the reverse now.

In 12 trips to Mexico, only the last resulted in a robbery by police. They ended up stealing $60 from one of us, which works out to the $20 they generally want from each person they rob.

Once in Acapulco I was chatting with this darling group of young guys who were all quite inebriated. Since my casa was around the corner, I invited them to stop in. They did and we laughed and had some good times, all innocent. But when they left, I walked them down the street and eventually the cops stopped them. One of the boys told me to stand away for my own protection, but eventually he returned and asked for $2, which was the bribe the police wanted to let them go. I was told not to watch the handover, so I didn't, but I have no doubt that my $2 served as bail for some very nice young guys.

I spend a considerable amount of time in Mexico and even owned a house there. Actually several of us owned it and referred to it as a Cajun Time Share, but, I digress.

The point that I would like to make is that the travel safety situation has deteriorated over the last few years. The police are basically so corrupt that they are some of the worse thieves in Mexico. One of the members of our group had a most unfortunate incident with a group who he suspects were part of a drug cartel or just plain gangsters. He ended up loosing a car and over $5,000 he had with him. No. He is not involved in any illegal activity. He brought the money to buy a boat.

Police stopping tourist in cars and on foot has become very prevalent. It used to be $5 but now they want at least $60 in an "on the spot" fine.

At one time these problems were isolated to certain cities but recently it has spread over many areas and as far as the Yucatan Peninsula. Mexico City is considered as quite dangerous by Mexicans themselves.

While it is still hit or miss on these incidents, I find other places in the world more pleasant and safe to visit. I have sold my interest in our house.

the Cajun

• 8 months later...
Anytime you get lucky is a time for celebration. I plan to go to PVR soon and stay at the Mercurio. Years ago I went there and found gay life dismal in comparison to Acapulco, but I hear it is the reverse now.

It's taken awhile, but my plans are now made. I hope I do get lucky.

Well, I got stuck in Dallas last night as my plane was late getting in. So I call Jason for comfort, but no luck there.

Now in PV, I am using this lousy computer, but the guy who used it before me also went to daddysreviews.com!

That night I was a ways away in Halifax, NS, so that is probably why you couldn't have gotten ahold of me :( I hope you enjoyed PV! :)

I had a great time in PV. It seems to be as safe as Disneyland. Not once did I see a hint of menace, and the people were always friendly. I posted in the strip club Forum FAQs about the two stripper bars, but also enjoyed Los Amigos and Frida. We also went to Los balcones-too early to be good, but God, the young stff were so hot...and nice.

The Mercurio has its problems, but, in general it is a nice place to stay, half-way between the gay beach and the gay bars.

I had a great time in PV. It seems to be as safe as Disneyland No once did I see a hint of menace, and the people were always friendly. I posted in the strip club Forum FAQs about the two stripper bars, but also enjoyed Los Amigos and Frida.

The Mercurio has its problems, but, in general it is a nice place to stay, half-way between the gay beach and the gay bars.

That's cool...we're going to stay at the Blue Chairs again...found another great deal on orbitz. Plus, my partner got the contact info of the guy that books the shows there on the rooftop bar and got booked for one night there during our visit! :)

Archived