THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Current Information on Fortaleza

Curitibano
This topic is 6597 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys, I am thinking of taking a trip to Fortaleza next month in July and I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the local scene. I have searched through the posts here on this site, but a lot of the information is from back in 2002, 2003 and 2004. I was wondering if anyone has any recent information about bars, clubs, saunas, hotels, beaches, street scene, etc. I love the beach and would like a hotel either right on the beach, or very near it, but also close to the action late at night.

Any suggestions/info regarding these topics would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

All the beach action in Fortaleza is along Avenida Beira Mar on the Mucuripe side. That's also where you will find most of the hotels (beach front) but they will be sold out at the end of July. Fortal, which is Salvador-style carnaval, runs from from July 27 to 30. So, if you want to see half-naked, muscled Paulistano garotos, then that's the time to go to Fortaleza.

Beach Park, a water park outside Fortaleza, is also a must. Life guards are eye candies. Praia de Futuro is another place with potential although I haven't spent a lot of time there. If you have time, a trip to Jericoacoara is highly recommended. Last time I was there, I met an 18-year English boy who was surfing during the day and bar tending at night while he was on his gap year. Yum.

Of course, if you want to get skin-to-skin, Pirata Bar, open only on Monday nights, is a must do. Their claim to fame is "A segunda feira mas louca do mundo!"

Archived