THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

WooooHoooo! Got my ticket!

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 7015 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am so excited!Booked my first international frequent flyer ticket with United yesterday-I have been saving miles for this trip for 2 years now and it really paid off!

5 days in Buenos Aires and 6 days in Rio!Got excactly the times(mid march)flights(free connection flight between EZE-GIG)and class-all first class!

Now I have to start making hotel plans.

Do the guides and TA's recomended on this site get you local rates at good hotels?

Also we will need a guide in both cities to help show us around as neither myself or hussy speak Spanish or Portugese.

Congratulations, big guy! I plan to make my first visit to Buenos Aires in September and have a confirmed reservation at the Howard Johnson Florida Hotel; I made my reservation thru Roberto, and Sr Ponce at the hotel emailed me and processed it. We're to get the M4M rate, so if you email Roberto whose email address is listed in the archives, tell him that you're an M4Mer.

As for as guides go, I plan to use the services of Roberto whom many of our fellow brethren here have recommended while in BA. In Rio I haven't decided on who will be my guide this time, but in the past, I have used Tom at rentboy.com (Brasil), but he has not responded to my emails this time.

If you want to spend some money-- hire Danilo out of Sao Paulo to join you in Rio. Apparently, from what others have written, he's very professional.

More than likely you'd have to pay for his trip and lodging to Rio as well as his daily/hourly rate; he prefers to guide on a daily basis. His e address is here, too.

Lastly, Carlo has guides; they've given me excellent service in Sao Paulo, the Amazon, and Salvador, (Bahia) Brazil; I haven't used the services of any of his guides who reside and guide in Rio.

In advance-- have a ball in the literal as well as symbolic sense!

:-) :9 :-)

Archived