THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Costs of Living in Brasil

xchris
This topic is 7055 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi Nycpaul and Tri,

I decided to give my testimony on the matter, and open a new thread.

I'm still living in Italy, but plan to begin my first six months in Brasil in 2006.

Brasil is growing fast, being now 12th place greatest world economy is a reason of happiness and hope among the young generation as well. This will contribute to modify our behave in Rio, or even to enlarge our interests in our possible future in Brasil. All said about costs of living in Rio is correct under my point of view.

I own now my apt in Flamengo and my bf live there while I'm in Italy. The costs Tri listed are fair. I have not to pay a rent, but I pay for University and transports : 500+300 Rs per month.

When you find a boy you plan living with in Rio, be sure to have a sort of honeymoon before, living in the same apt for a certain lenght of time, trying to discover his needs and habits, what he likes, and the way to survive together with balanved respect. It is clear to me that the idea of life is different for them, they sort of espect lot of money from their relationship with us, they are not accostumed to all the information we have in our world. And they see our First World like a Myth they would like to reach, even with the attitude of growing consumer habits. Most of these beautiful boys are like that, mostly when they work in saunas, seen as an investment full of dreams.

A percentage of hustlers, a percentage of thiefs and liers, a percentage of traficants, a percentage of desperate, a percentage of honest guys. But all nice and sweet. So you must be careful when you decide to exit from the role of quick client and open your Pandora Pot.

Try and hope. Ride and built. Every nice creation need time. And a cost. You must be tolerant but firm, speak a lot about what you like and what your purposes about the future are, been tolerant with his needs and clarify yours. Never hide your sorrows or disappointments, just understand that you both need to learn from the perspective of the other. You both have something to give and something to get, something precious to carry and something marvellous to obtein. Maybe Tomcal was right when he said "You dond give sex gratis, I don't give money gratis". This would be the easier way. But if or when we want more, we must know that the cost is greater, and hipotetically the gain larger...

Me and my bf have an open relationship as well, it is obvious due to the difference of age. I'm almost 47 and he's 26, he like to party and going disco and I doesn't. But we both are "galinha" enough to desire other dishes co eat. Just we clarify that we stay well togetheer and planned many projects for the future together, I support him and he helps me with all my necessities there.

The idea is that the relationship works good if we both are able to enlarge our knowledge and happyness thanks to the other.

We meet some friends there, from University or work, and established a nice relationship with people to hang out, going to popular fests, samba schools, visiting beaches out Rio, talking about normal brasilian problems, exchanging advices on lawyers and bricklayers, or just having evenings home together eating pizza, etc. This is a new orizon for me and I feel contribute to enlarge theirs. I love this life and I'm obviously planning to live in Rio more months soon, trying to use the remaining strenght of my income from the weakening Europe.

Like everything in the earth, there's no reason to dream impossible dreams, nor reasons to weep all the time, if you succeed in balancing the best of your legitimate values.

But i'm a Libra, so maybe I'm bit accostumed...

XcHRIS

Archived