THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Buenos Aires Apartmento or Hotel Stay?????

Axiom2001
This topic is 5208 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add my two cents. I stayed in BsAs for 10 incredible days in November. I rented a spacious 3 bedroom and maid's quarters apt in the Recoleta District for $100US per night including maid service. It was a secure building with great doormen, etc., and while some think this was highly priced, I was most satisfied. The area around Avenida Florida is simply too commercial to be enjoyable, at least for my tastes.

I second the notion that you use a remise from the airport. Most accomodating and safe. Many of the firms will book you in advance and be waiting for you at the customs exit, enabling you to avoid the lines.

I encountered absolutely no difficulty with hailing cabs on the street.

Soytuyo had the best selection of guys, if you're up for that. And if you like bears, check out http://www.ososbue.com.ar ... notes on the bear community and its weekly dances ... not to be missed ... every size, shape and color of guys, all having agreat and friendly time!

• 11 months later...

Men, as you perhaps know by now, I managed to spend nineteen days in Buenos Aires in October/November of 2007. When I was there- I was in a lovely hotel 727 Buenos Aires with a tour group before going to my apartment which was in beautiful and upscale Recoleta.

I managed to obtain the apartment through http://www.bairesapartments.com which a friend recommended; I loved this quiet and beautifully-appointed one bedroom which was on the 11th floor of the building.

In 2005 I stayed in a hotel, and in 2006 I shared an apartment in Recoleta with a friend of mine.

Well, in my perusing some of my previous threads, I thought I'd write about this topic. If you are a newbie, stay in a gay-friendly hotel; after that I would suggest an apartment stay; it was so personable and private that after a couple of days I began to feel like a "transplanted" local; I truly enjoyed going to venues that locals go as well as speaking to the doorman on a daily basis and encountering some of my neighbors if only briefly.

And since the neighborhood was like Beverly Hills or some other upscale, upper middle class-- I truly enjoyed the experience.

• 2 years later...
I hear that Hotel Axel has opened in BA. Have stayed, and had lots of fun, in their Barcelona hotel. Any info about the new hotel? What sort of people? Location? Posibilities for fun?

This hotel has been open for at least 3 years now. It's supposedly a magnficent architectual structure and the best of the Axel Hotel chains (There are three of them.) But its location is not the best from what I have been told as well as read.

In two weeks (April 2010)-- I hope to make my fourth trip to Buenos Aires for ten days. Although I will not be staying at The Axel Hotel, I do plan to go to its "Tea Dance" which is held on Sundays. I also plan to go to this venue to see its design, decor, and overall architectual design.

Upon my return from this trip, I'll rest then write here!

Guest dreynsol

The Hotel Axel in Buenos Aires

The hotel advertises itself as the only gay hotel in Buenos Aires, and it certainly is a nice boutique style hotel, but in a lousy neighborhood, in my opinion. The view outside my window was that of a run-down car lot.

But, the hotel itself is nicely designed with a lot of glass and granite in mind. The pool area is nice with an outdoor bar area, the staff very friendly, and the bed linens, comforts, and accesories make it a very comfortable and trendy hotel albeit a bit expensive.

My only issue is the location since it's far removed from most of the gay areas of the city and as I said not located in the best of neighborhoods.

But, I do hear that the Sunday "tea dances" are fun, so enjoy, Axiom!

- Drey

re: Buenos Aires Apartmento or Hotel Stay

Axiom 2001:

I agree with dreynsol about Hotel Axel and the location. We took a taxi over there from our hotel in Recoleta to have drinks one night. The difficult part was getting a taxi when we were ready to leave. It's a somewhat desolate area so no taxis were parked there or drove by like they do in more populated areas. The hotel made several calls for a taxi and it took about 30 mins for one to arrive.

When you described a "magnificent architectural structure", the name Flavio Garay comes to mind. http://www.flaviogaray.com/ He is definitely not to be missed if you are going to BA.

Also, check out Markus Day Spa for Men http://www.markusformen.com/ if you have time. It's great way to spend your last day in BA if your flight doesnt depart until late PM.

Archived