THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

No visitors at Atlantico Copacabana

ohgwm226
This topic is 7033 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have been here in Rio for a short trip, staying at Hotel Atalntico Copacabana. I had no problem bringing "visitors" to my room after getting them registered at the reception desk. However, the receptionist today refused to let any visitor come up to my room, stating that I can meet visitors only in the lobby. When I told him, I had a visitor yesterday with no problem. He said this should not have been allowed???? I am not sure if this is a new policy starting today,or a case of receptionist in a bad mood. I am leaving tomorrow morning, so I have no chance to try again, but others in Rio/Atlantico Copacabana can let us know. Carlo may also know. If they truly changed their policy, I would certainly not return, and stay next time somewhere else.

OHGWM226

Carlo's been really busy the past few weeks and doesn't regularly check M4M. I suggest you e-mail him directly about your experience and ask him to check with the Atlântico to find out if there has been a policy change, and ask him to post here if there is no longer an "open-door" visitor policy.

Issue clarified. The guy was not by himself, had a friend with him. That was why he was not allowed to go up to my room with his friend. Visitors can still come up to your room, but 1 at a time. I wish the receptionist told me that when I talked to him on the phone, rather than giving me the impression that all visitor can be met only in the lobby.

Unfortunately, I am leaving Rio today. No time to bring any more "visitor" to my room this time. But surely I´ll do it next time.

OHGWM226

Guest msclonly

Can you blame the Hotel for trying to maintain some form of decency?

I can't. They don't want to lose their majority of clients, if it gets too our of hand.

;(

Archived