THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

How about CABO SAN LUCAS?

Guest jstlooknthx
This topic is 7126 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jstlooknthx

I am thinking about getting out of LA for a few days and was curious about Cabo. I just want a beautiful beach and an inexpensive place to stay. I usually go to Playa Del Carmen, just south of Cancun. Just looking for something closer and a cheaper airfare this time.

I'm not much for gay resort areas, but I don't like to be the only gay guy in town either. Just wondering if any of you guys have been there. I just have this fear it will be like a Girls Gone Wild episode. Just drunk american tourists and Hard Rock Cafes.

Never heard anyone mention anything gay about Cabo! But given the amount of development there over the past years there must be a gay guy or two in the area! ;) Try http://www.sergay.com.mx to see if there are any listings for bars or other gathering places there. You could also check out (and chat with) guys from Mexico who are online at http://www.gaydar.co.uk who might know of something.

Consider going a little further South to Puerto Vallarta.

Accomodations in all price ranges.

You said you're not much into gay resort areas. PV can be as much a "gay reort" as you want. Just depends on where you

choose to hang out.

Have a good time wherever you choose - both these and other are good for practicing your Spanish.

Guest jstlooknthx

Thanks for the replies guys. Actually found a gay owned hotel in La Paz, on the Sea of Cortez. They suggest I get a rental car and it seems a little more isolated then I want. There is also a gay bar in Cabo call Rainbow Bar. Just thought I'd spread the word.

I did PV once and was really disappointed with the brown, murky water of the bay. A beautiful beach is numero uno with me. If I want brown water I can stay in Los Angeles.

The newest realization that hit me this week is my vacation time coincides with SPRING BREAK! So Cabo and Cancun(Playa del Carmen) are definitely out.

My search for a beautiful, inexpensive, beach vacation in mexico continues....

Forget staying 'gay,' as in and around Cabo it's not really worth it. They seem to surcharge for the privillege.

I've been to Cabo about a half-dozen times and have stayed at the following places with great success:

* Marquis Los Cabos

* Fiesta Americana

* The One & Only: Palmilla

With the exception of One & Only, the other two resorts can be had for a steal if you book either in way in advance or last-minute. Fiesta Americana has a wonderful private beach, a very gay cliental (and staff) and is a great place to simply veg. Marquis is more geared towards activity. Both are impeccable in image.

Enjoy Cabo: When downtown, head out to 'Mi Casa' for some of the best Mexican food in town. They've got FANTASTIC mole.

Warmest Always,

Benjamin Nicholas

Archived