THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Wondering how Costa Rica went for the most recent poster?

Guest jstlooknthx
This topic is 7134 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jstlooknthx

I'm on my way to Costa Rica the end of April. I remember a poster planning a trip there a few months back, hell maybe last winter even. Just wondering if you went and if you can share your experience. I'm still debating whether I even want to bother with San Jose or not. I may just head to the beach at Manuel Antonio and skip the city all together. I will be traveling alone and don't want to look like a target in a strange city. Anyone else been lately?

During my trip to CR 1 1/2 years ago I was robbed at the Joluva by the receptionist ($140 mysteriously disappeared from the "locked" room safe) and I and another two guests were attacked on the way to the hotel (not too late at night) in three separate incidents. I just lost a cheap watch that had a loose band and flew off my wrist while defending myself. Another guest lost his wallet and was beaten and the third fought back and was BITTEN on his back.

Your commnet to stay away from San Jose is very good thinking.

I posted a few weeks ago in another part of the board in regards to my Costa Rica experience in November. Also, I am leaving to visit again this Saturday for a week and would be happy to share my experiences. We generally stay in San Jose for 2 nights (so we can go to Puchos, of course!), then go to Manuel Antonio for the rest of the time.

- Jason Carter - Dallas, TX

- jasoncarter53@hotmail.com

- (214) 274-8127

Archived