THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Upgrades

Big Daddy
This topic is 7157 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I generally fly from Phoenix to Rio via Continental. When I return in May, I am planning on buying a coach seat and then upgrade it to Business using my FF miles. My mind set has been to stick with Continental, which states its upgrades cost 50,000 miles. It finally has dawned upon me that my FF miles are in my American Express account and that I can use them with virturally any airline. I would appreciate any input letting me know what my options would be on other airlines that guys here use. I realize I should know this, or at least go to all the other airline FF programs to check it out, but thought maybe I could save some time by asking for help.

Head to FlyerTalk.com for the latest info BigDad. It's a great resource for FF info. It's one of my daily addictions :)

As for Continental's upgrades: Take into consideration that you won't be just using mileage, as they also incur a fee for the upgrade. Internationally, it's about $300-400 extra, depending on your fare class. I think it's a real crap policy.

Unfortunately, AA has recently adopted this as well. FlyerTalk.com has some incredible message boards. I highly recommend taking a look for the latest news and deals. Enjoy!

Safest travels and enjoy Rio. It's one of my favorite cities in the world.

Warmest,

Benjamin Nicholas

Archived