THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio Hotel

world traveler
This topic is 7180 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was just in Rio and had my share of bad hotel experiences. I booked 7 nights at the Le Meridien....awful Hotel. A run down property!I only stayed one night.

Thanks to Eduardo in Rio I found the "Rio Palace Hotel"....what a great find. My room was brand new, great bathroom with dry sauna and jaccuzzi tub. I was so happy there and I was also able to have "guests". The staff is super friendly!

I am not familiar with the "Othon" hotel.

Guest Valleyman

I have stayed at the California Othon Classic Hotel. It is on the Avenida Atlântica adjacent to the Marriott. It is fairly close to the Copacabana saunas, Corujinha and the subway station. The place is somewhat run-down; as one person has said on another website: “It looks like it was modern in 1965”. However the hotel is fairly comfortable – the rooms are rather large – and the staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is OK. It is one of the most affordable places to stay at the beach. When I was there in November 2004 ocean-view rooms were available for about $85 per night. (I just checked the reservations website I used then -- those rooms have now gone up to $97. The California is not as good a deal as it used to be.)

I suspect that the Hotel California would not approve of bringing boys to the rooms – there was a sign on the check-in desk that said: “Say No to Sex Tourism”. (I didn’t bring any guests to the hotel myself, so I can’t be sure what the staff’s attitude would actually be if someone tried to bring a boy to the room.)

>Thanks for the response. Was just curious, I am going to stay

>at the Royal Rio, and will let Carlo book it for me.

>

>WT

What are the rates at the Royal Rio compared to Hotel Atlantico?

Does the Royal Rio allow guests in rooms? How far is it from the Sequero Campos (pardon my spelling) metro stop? Thanks.

Archived