THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

CARNAVAL-RIO

Guest msclonly
This topic is 7174 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest msclonly

Are there any reports of the EXCITING reports on the hot crowds in town for Carnaval?

Sadly, I choose to go later in the Spring in cooler weather!

:+

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carnival is amazing. What more can i say?

Big thanks to Oz for 'showing us the ropes' and his two beautiful boys, one of which i wouldn't mind getting a piece of. YEOWZA! Le Boy last night was rocking. Today it's all about beach, sun and relaxation. Tonight it's probably back to Le Boy, as we've been told that Sunday nights are THE night to dance yer butt off :)

Corijunas was a bit quiet early last night (11pm), but i'm sure it'll pick up, as i was told that the night before had well over 150 working boys cruising the streets in front.

We're all headed to the Sambadrome on Monday for the big parade/event. That sounds like it's going to be nuts. I can't wait. I'm not sure when we're hitting the saunas or IF we're hitting the saunas on this trip. *shrugs*

I'm snapping pics... Lots of them. Look for a full writeup on my coming blog on Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon.

So, in conclusion: RIO ROCKS! :)

Warmest,

Benjamin Nicholas

Carnival has been a blast so far. The crowds are hot. The atmosphere is charming and festive. There is music in the streets all day and night. There is the scent of raw energy on every street corner. So many sexy guys on the streets and on the beaches.

I have tickets for the Samba parade on Monday night. It was suggested I get a VIP box for my dates and myself and I did that. The cost for them are approximately 1k USA each.

I have a box for Gala Gay on Tuesday for 20 of my closest sauna boys! :) That should also be an interesting night.

The saunas were busy yesterday and there were tons of boys from out of town looking to make money. I had fun at 117 most of the day and then we ate an early meal in Copa and back to the hotel for some fun before my 2 dates for the night went to LeBoy. At LeBoy, we saw Ben and his date and hung out with them for a while. Both were very charming and engaging.

Back at the hotel, I had 2 little energizer bunnies that keep me hopping till after 7am.

Today, I am off to the pool for a bit, the beach, dinner and then who knows. There are so many things going on each night here that it is hard to pick and choose what to do!

>Big thanks to Oz for 'showing us the ropes' and his two

>beautiful boys, one of which i wouldn't mind getting a piece

>of. YEOWZA!

Funny, my boy said how much he would like to explore pieces of you and your friend. However, remember what I told you, he is a tease. He says he is versatile but when he gets you on the bed, he turns into an agressive top boy. That is not to say he doesn't give it up as well, but he does expect a piece of the action! :)

Rain Can't Dampen Fun of Brazil's Carnival

Feb 6, 12:56 PM (ET)

By MICHAEL ASTOR

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (AP) - Even the pouring rain couldn't put a damper on this country's famed carnival as tens of thousands of revelers took to the streets Saturday, dancing to the sound of samba drums on the second day of the annual celebration.

Samba rhythms rose above the sound of intermittent rain showers, and many people wielded umbrellas as they fell in behind the "blocos" - as the informal street carnival groups are known.

The Banda de Ipanema attracted more than 10,000 people and snarled traffic in the city's famous beach district.

The band, which is a favorite of Rio's gay community, pounded out samba songs with irreverent lyrics while transvestites struggled to stay upright in stiletto heels.

"The energy is incredible, everyone comes together rich and poor, that's what is so nice," said Chris O'Connell, a 23-year-old musician from New York who was visiting Rio for carnival.

The party got started early.

Some 40,000 revelers had filled the city's main avenue by midmorning, many dressed in white with black spots in tribute to a traditional brass band known as the Black Ball Band.

The crowd turned out despite the threat of rain to celebrate the band - Cordao de Bola Preta in Portuguese - which has played at the world's most famous carnival since 1918. One of the last of its kind, the band prides itself on providing an accessible alternative to more formal carnival events.

The samba parade in the specially designed sambadrome stadium is the centerpiece of Rio's carnival celebrations, which began Friday and will run until the wee hours of Ash Wednesday. The high point comes Sunday and Monday nights when the city's 14 premiere samba groups mount parades that cost more than $1 million to produce.

The groups parade with thousands of elaborately costumed dancers, hundreds of drummers and a slew of elaborate floats. The spectacle is televised live across the nation.

But for many, carnival lost some of its spontaneity when the city moved the celebration into the specially designed sambadrome stadium in 1984. In recent years, such groups as Cordao de Bola Preta have been gaining popularity as carnival returns to the streets.

Some 770,000 tourists are expected in the city for the pre-Lenten bash with about 20 percent coming from abroad, according to the Rio de Janeiro tourist board.

To ensure safety, state authorities have deployed 30,000 police officers around the city - including 10,000 around the sambadrome stadium. Police also were occupying the shantytowns surrounding the stadium that are usually controlled by heavily armed drug gangs.

Patience is a virtue. I was running so late to meet up with Benjamin and his date so we could go to dinner. I am always on time everywhere I go. But, my new Brazilian "boyfriend" was late returnnning to hotel from a shopping spree. We left late to meet up for dinner and then I had the wrong hotel in Copa. Luckily, our driver had a cell phone and called infomation and got the right address. I just knew the guys would not wait on us as we were over an hour late. But, they did. Luckily, they don't prescribe to my 20 minute wait rule and we found them sitting leasurily on the sofa.

I was in such a hurry I didn't have time to get money from my hotel ATM thinking I would get one in Copa. :) Well, aparently on Carnival, they don't dispense money. We walked around for at least an hour from one bank to the next and finally found a grocery store that allowed me to take 100R but no more.

I was not happy with this and I felt embarrassed that I not only keep 2 wonderfully nice guys waiting but took them on a scavenger hunt for ATM's in Rio. Neither one ever complained even though I felt like a putz all night.

After a nice dinner at Maxim's on the beach, we headed off to LeBoy. It was a nice night with tons of eye candy. We didn't get there till after 1:30am but there was a line to get in. Let me just say if you are a people watcher like I am, it was fabulous standing there with Ben in his tight blue shorts that matched his hat which matched his wrist band which matched his eyes. The looks and smiles he got was amazing. :)

Once inside, we had a few drinks and danced a bit. Ben is actually very much a showman. :) He jumped on top of a box with my boyfriend and the two of them danced together for a bit. It was so hot watching the most beautiful American boy in Rio grind with the most beautiful Brazilan boy in Rio. :)

We left around 6am and I got home at 7am and after showering and sex, I was off to bed about 8:30am.

At 12:00 noon, a boy from the sauna arrived at my hotel and I ushered him up as I had forgotten about the appointment and had my bf in the bedroom. I shut the door to the bedroom, made out with my friend from the sauna as the light of the morning blasted in my window. My body is tired. My dick is weak. My mind is exhausted from the overload of sites. My head is throbing from the beat of last night's music. My ass is sore from... well nevermind...too much information. :)

All this and I have tickets from the Samba tonight with 2 of my favorite Brazilian boys. Will I survive another 12 hour night of this much fun and excitement?

I am not overwhelmed yet. :)

After I had sex with the boy he wanted to take a shower. I said fine. He came back into the living room about 20 min later and said the boy in my bed was cute. :) I said, "yes, he is." We went in and woke him up in a special way. :) And, then we all went swimming in the pool. We hung out for about an hour or two and met a nice Brazilian guy here on holiday. He liked all 3 of us and asked to come to our room. Well, lets just say that Brazil is great and that anyone who bitches at me for tipping so well can go fuck themselves as my tips today got me this hot sexy guy from my hotel for free.

After the group finished, my two guys wanted to shower and I let them at it. After about 20 min or so, I wondered what they were doing as they had been in water all day. ;) I walked into the bathroom to find the shower filled with steam and another fuck session going on.

Last night, I had about 5 offers for free 3-ways with my boy. :) So, I guess what goes around does come around. :)

I am off to the samba parade!

Benjamin didn't wake up until 3pm. Argh :)

Thanks Oz for last night. I had a ball with the two of you. Here's hoping to bump into you tonight at Sambadrome. Let yer kiddo know that i went home with MUY blue balls from our LeBoy exploits. It was a great night and one i'm not likely to forget for a long while...

BN

Guest dreynsol

Oz, is that you?? I DO see Dorothy and the cowardly lion. :-)

http://oglobo.globo.com/foto_galeria/carnaval2005/060205_tijuca/tijuca09.jpg

Please put the one in the middle on your gold card for me and I'll pay you back in Reais when you get back! :-) BTW - don't leave home without it :-)

http://oglobo.globo.com/especiais/carnaval2005/img/fotolog/fotolog31.jpg

Just kidding by the way, as usual! Have fun!

- Drey

http://oglobo.globo.com/foto_galeria/carnaval2005/060205_tijuca/tijuca03.jpg

http://oglobo.globo.com/foto_galeria/carnaval2005/060205_tijuca/tijuca11.jpg

http://oglobo.globo.com/foto_galeria/carnaval2005/060205_tijuca/tijuca10.jpg

OMG! I am almost speechless! My jaw was on the floor last night as I sat and watched the parade. I have never experienced anything quite like that before. Even the pictures do not do it justice as the people and the music and the atmosphere of the party is what was so amazing.

First, the only way to see the parade is the VIP boxes. It made the evening so much more fun. I took 2 guys I had met down here from the saunas and we were truly catered to in the box. We had great champaign all night long, food non-stop, every drink imaginable, 4 waiters at our disposal, and only 12 people in the box. We had our own private toilet and didn't have to wonder far from our box for anything.

What they didn't tell us was that we had to be wearing the t-shirts in order to get into the box. We left our shirts at the hotel. Luckily, I have a good relationship with my hotel and they sent a car to pick up the shirts in our room and bring to the parade.

The tickets were about 1k USA each for the VIP box. A car for the night from my hotel to the section we were in and the card to wait for us and pick us up on exit was 450R. Since I was carrying with me VERY expensive camera equipment, it made me feel safe to have someone wait for us and bring us back to the hotel safely. I could have easily gotten other seats or tickets for much less. I do realize this. But, for my first time there, I don't think I would have enjoyed it more than I did in any other location.

After the first Samba school finished and one of my boys had about 5 glasses of Moet he called me back to the private air-conditioned room and started crying. "never" he said, "never in his wildest fantasy would he have believed he would be able to see the Samba live." He went on to say thank you so many times last night and this moring that I get tired of hearing the words. The night was special for me as I have never seen or heard anything so amazing. But, for my two boys who I adore, a dream achieved and a night to remember and share with friends and family for years to come.

I was happy, my two boys were happy, the atmosphere was simply undescribeable and the memories are something I will most definately take with me forever!

Oz, your Carnaval experience would be hard to top. The only thing that could do it would be to be IN the parade, yourself. It's an adrenaline rush like no other! Even if you're a bit older, and in less than gorgeous shape! When you turn the corner out of the assembly area into the parade route, and the lights are blazing, the drums are pounding, thousands of people are singing, and the crowds in the stands are on their feet, going wild, you are a STAR! For 80 glorious minutes!!! It's like nothing else on earth!

Your taking the guys to a VIP box was a very generous thing to do. They'll be telling their grandchildren one day about the time they saw the Carnaval parade live in a "camarote," thanks to their American friend, and will take the memory to their graves.

Adios Rio... It's been a helluva party:

It was a blast meeting up with you guys Oz... Let your boy-in-tow know he's a good one and that hopefully we'll bump into eachother sometime in the near future. Thailand perhaps :)

While i did miss Mardi Gras this year (a celebration i've gone to year-after-year for 5 years now), i will say that Carnaval beats the pants off of it in terms of class, style and energy. The crowds here are amazing. Just incredible. So many people, but the vibe is one of peace and acceptance. I'm not so sure that something like this could happen elsewhere and not end in blinding violence or stupidity. Brazillians are such fantastic people.

Along with Oz's write-ups, i'll also be posting a full review of happenings on this week's '15 Minutes' posting Friday. You can bet that most of it will be naughty, with a sprinkling of nice ;)

Travel safely Oz. Slam a RedBull at LeBoy for me tonight...

BN

Guest msclonly

Thanks for the 'reality' report on the Carnaval parade.

Wish I was there.

Would have loved to be in the box,

and share the expense for a VIP viewpoint and the Champagne!

Was in Sydney for the Pride parade with special ticket to a restaurant on the corner 2nd floor overlooking the parade with Open bar and seafood buffet and ####'derves floating around throughout the several hours looking out the LARGE windows right down on the participants and observers for some special sightings and meeting other diners. It came to about US$100.00 per, and that was a bargain. Didn't have to step around thousands of beer bottles litering the street and sidewalks! :+

Keep writing up your experiences and I will start making reservations for next year!

:+ :9 :p :+

Escala Gay

I got back from Escala Gay today and don't think I have ever seen anything quite like that. There were at least 300 perfect bodies right in front of my eyes at any given point and at least twice that number of high caliber boob jobs. The tits were certaintly flying and the six-packs were amazing.

I reserved a booth for the night. It was about 4500R and that allowed me invite 20 guests to my private room. My intent was to get my favorite sauna boys to the room but as the week progressed, I was so captivated by one guy that the sauna scene didn't appeal to me much and he kept me so drained of energy and cum that I wouldn't have enjoyed the saunas as much anyway. So, I told him to invite his friends. I told another boy from the sauna to invite his friends. I invited some of my friends from the hotel I am at. The group was about 20 in the end. I was told when I bought the tickets that it was open bar. But, once I got there, they said it was not open bar and that drinks had to be bought. OK. I said to myself that I only had like 600R and the guy said they did accept credit cards. :) We ended up buying about 800R in drinks for the night.

My "boy-in-tow" as Benjamin puts him, was so happy that he got to invite his friends and control the event. He had a blast and I had great fun watching him.

First, to go to the event we had to walk down a runway with thousands of people cheering and laughing and many cameras. It was quite an experience just to do the walk. Had I know that I was going to be on that walk, I would have dressed in drag with a wild outfit. But, as a virgin to the event, I didn't really know what to expect.

Eduardo, the tour guide so many on the board talks about, showed up for our booth and was dressed so sexy in white military attire. He really knows how to dance and have a good time. On top of all that, he did a great job of taking care of me while not even working. He made sure that the bill was right at the end and that the waiters asked me before any drinks were ordered for the room. He also kept an eye out for my camera and made sure I was taken care of all night. He did all this without expecting anything in return. What a nice guy and I felt much safer for having him there!

Our group had a great time dancing to the live music, watching the amazing outfits in front of us and drinking the night away. The music was great and the live orchrastra was fantastic. There were tons of Brazilian celebrities there and the fun times were had by all.

At the end of the night, I ended up back in my hotel with my 2 favorite guys in Rio. A wonderful 3-way in the shower before bed and a nice time embrassed in each other's arms. My "boy-in-tow" cried once again at the end of the night. He just kept saying what a true fantasy it was to have gone through the last 2 days with me. Aparently, no one has ever treated him with as much respect, given him as much attention and shown him the good life more than I have this week. I was touched by his tears and his words of thanks. I will say that I have a very hardened heart and that I keep myself very distance emotionally from guys I hire. This one is a hard one not to fall for. I am trying my best to keep telling myself that my fantasy week was simply that and nothing more. His touch, he kindness, his attention has more than fullfilled a fantasy of mine.

In the long post I had before this one that was locked, one poster commented that he hoped I would richly get what I deserved (I don't think it was meant in a good way either). I would like to say thank you to him for the kind wishes as I woke up this morning, in the middle of two of the most beautiful and amazing guys I know, I realized that he was right. If I have gotten what I "richly deserved" it was the most amazing experience I have had in my life. Perhaps I did not deserve any of this but by the grace of someone, the luck of ages and the hearts of the guys here Carnival in Rio was great. My time here is now almost over and in the end, I can say I learned a great deal about the people here, the boys at the sauna and myself.

Brazil has been such a treat and my life long dream of an amazing Carnival was fulfilled. Luckily, I met amazing boys that have been so great to me. I felt like a prince all week and my boys that I have become friends with are a part of my life, my history and my future. As I am off to the beach today for my last day, I would like to conclude this adventure by saying thanks to all who helped make my adventure so fantastic and to let others know that Brazil truly is paradise. Be smart when you come here, treat the boys great and you will have an amazing trip. (For those who are keeping track, I know I have used the word amazing too many times but it is most appropriate here)

Signing off from Brazil,

RE: Escala Gay

Oz, once again Carnaval of 2003 came to view while I read your response regarding Scala Gay Ball; apparently it is one of the principal events during Carnaval; it is also a special time for cariocas and others to dawn amazing costumes and enter as a group or solo or as partners, etc. via the special flood lit ramp.

And as you wrote, eye-candy and gorgeous costumes were omnipresent during this night of frolic and frenzy.

(There are thousands of folks who attend as well as view the happenings from the street at La Scala in Leblon. And in conjuction of this your most recent thread, I personally and again publicy thank Trilingual for alluding to this event when he offered advice to me about Carnaval of 2003.

Guest dreynsol

Oz, enjoyed the ride. Thanks for sharing.

I think some of us were concerned about your well-being and maybe placing a 'bad' kind of target on your head. But, I also knew you were in good hands with Eduardo.

I commend you for showing some restraint in the saunas, even though I was a bit worried at first :-)

Obviously, spending money in Brazil and living like a King (or Queen in your case??) is not a bad thing :-) but pinning their hopes on meeting the next rich American is not a good thing as far as bettering their lives. I think you understand that.

It sounds like you were able to choose some guys that really appreciated their opportunity with you. It does makes a big difference, and I'm sure that you and they will never forget the experience.

So, pack up your high heels and have a safe flight. Can I tell them that Oz sent me when I arrive! :-)

Tchau,

- Drey

>I commend you for showing some restraint in the saunas, even

>though I was a bit worried at first :-)

:) I was a good boy at the saunas. Never more than 7 in one day and most days only 2. However, at the end, my husband-to-be vetoed the sauanas for me. :)

>Obviously, spending money in Brazil and living like a King (or

>Queen in your case??) is not a bad thing :-) but pinning their

>hopes on meeting the next rich American is not a good thing as

>far as bettering their lives. I think you understand that.

Well, yes and no. I am not the best tipper by far and I am not the biggest spender. I actually have a friend who was there this year, he is very wealthy and famous and he always givest he boys 1,000R for a short time. The guys know that he is one of a kind. But, in every city, in every situation, you find guys who are above the norm. In NYC, I know of escorts who have been given cars and even apartments in NYC. They, like most guys who work, realize that this is the exception rather than the rule.

I have a "boyfriend" in Thailand. I adore him. He has my ATM card, a new motorcycle, paid apartment, new clothes and pretty much anything he needs. I still see other guys when I am there and they all understand that I will treat them well, but no one gets it as good from me as my "boyfriend."

I just say all this to point out that working boys are much smarter than we give them credit for. They are businessmen and they often know that there are clients who tip and those who don't, those are a very generous and those that are not. I don't think they see an American and say, geeze, he is going to tip me like the other American did. But, I do think they are smart enough to know that we have more money than they do and that those that don't tip or are not generous are cheap. I know this is going to ruffle feathers and there will be those that jump in and say, you don't understand their culture Oz. I may not understand it as much as many, but I do know that they know we spent more on a shirt in the USA than many are willing to pay them.

>It sounds like you were able to choose some guys that really

>appreciated their opportunity with you. It does makes a big

>difference, and I'm sure that you and they will never forget

>the experience.

I did meet some great guys and I hope to see one of them in Thailand if he gets off his butt and gets his passport. :)

>So, pack up your high heels and have a safe flight. Can I

>tell them that Oz sent me when I arrive! :-)

I clicked 3 times and I was back in Kansas. But, my what a wonderful journey I had! :)

I totally enjoyed your reports from Brazil, Oz, and lived vicariously through them. I agree with you that if you can afford to be generous with the boys and they are nice to you, that it is a silly and stingy justification to say you must be cheap with them so as not to give them false expectations or for fear of upsetting the Brazilian economy. In other places on this board, I have called it a form of 21st century slavery for well off

American and European tourists to pay as little as $20 for their sexual encounters with sauna boys. When I wrote this, I was soundly chastized by most persons who responded. But they didn't change my mind.

If it is not too personal, I do wonder how much money you spent totally for your trip to Brazil and what is your profession. Obviously, I am in the wrong line of work as I could never afford the type of experiences you were able to buy their in Brazil; but I certainly don't begrudge the boys for having benefitted from your generosity. If I had the money, I would do the same as you did.

Guest dreynsol

Hi Oz,

Glad you made it back safely. Feel free to e-mail me anytime... would like to meet you sometime and see those high heels in person :-).

I guess we just have different agendas in going to Brazil. After my first trip, Eduardo said to one of my friends that I had the "heart of a Brazilian". During my second trip, Eric (a beautiful Brazilian boy) said that I had "sangue bom" (good blood) for helping him to learn English. I'm sure you had experiences of a lifetime in your own way, but I did so as well.

If you visit frequently enough, you'll notice that there is a high turnover of boys in the saunas. A lot of them need some extra help for their families, buy a car, or further their education. So, there's a fine line between helping them meet their goals and sucking them into the lifestyle of a professional escort for us Americans. And, you're right, for some of them it is becoming a business. :-)

But beauty fades quickly as we probably both know :-) and old habits die hard. I know a previous escort/porn star from the 70s (with an 11" endowment) that just turned 60 and to this day lacks a lot of motivation in his life due to the easy money he made back in the day. Does he have anything to show for it...nada!

nycpaul, maybe you'll get it some day, but it's not always about the money. Some of us want to blend in and experience their culture. Hope you get a better paying job soon! :-) try Internet programming (I'll even give you lessons), and that way you can telecommute from Brazil :-) and I'll even buy you a T-Shirt!

I'm not Mother Teresa by no means, but my goal is to leave this world a better place by being carefull whose lives we tread on.

Tchau, meu amigo

- Drey

Guest msclonly

Almost like being there!

Your fine reports were almost like being there.

So I am scheduling several visits with some old miles before the awards are increased. More bang for the miles!

Leaves more bucks for the sauna and disco.

:+ :+ :+

Archived