THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Sauna Alterosos in Sao Paulo How to get ther by the subway

Mac 100
This topic is 7189 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I will be in Sao Paulo from February 3rd for 4 days and when I was there 3 years ago I went to the above Sauna which I found very good.The guys were far more genuine and down to Earth in my opinion.

I cannot find the instructions (which were printed here some years back) on what Subway station this Sauna is near?would anybody on the Board know?

I realize I can take a Taxi but the Subway in Sao Paulo is not that difficult to use and of course the money saved gives one more money for the guys in the Saunas!!

Any Help on the above would be appreciated also if any guys wish to meet up I am in Rio the Atlantico Hotel from Wednesday 26th until February 3rd when I go to Sao Paulo.

As I will be travelling alone this time would welcome meeting guys from this board for a drink and chat.

Mac

Malcolm Mc Nair

RE: Sauna Alterosas in Sao Paulo: How to get there by the subway

Take the East-West Metro line eastbound in the direction "Corinthians." Get off at Patriarca station. From the station take a taxi about 7 - 10 blocks to the sauna. DON'T WALK. Get a taxi from the sauna back to the Metro, too.

RE: Sauna Alterosas in Sao Paulo: How to get there by the subway

FYI, this sauna has much more "working class" guys. Some people have always liked it, but most of the M4Mers I've met have not. The guys just aren't as cute as at Lagoa and the facilities are not nearly as nice. For those who like things a bit on the rougher side, perhaps. For most people, I think it would be a wasted trip to someplace that's relatively out of the way. SF Traveler

To add to Tri's directions: As you go through the turn-style at the metro station (facing the ticket booth), turn LEFT and exit the metro station. You will walk up an incline and on the bridge going over the four lane road. As you walk over the bridge, look below you to your right, and you will see the bus/taxi stop. It is not necessary to speak Portuguese to the taxi driver, just say "SAUNA ALTEROSOS". The taxi ride will cost R$6.00. I have never had any problems getting to the sauna via taxi from the metro station.

About the sauna, true the place is not any where up to par with the other saunas. The place is NOT very clean!!!! They have only four rooms, and the rooms are terrible; the beds smell and the t.v. does not work. The majority of the guys are brown or black with one or two lighter colored guys. The selection of guys is nothing compared to the other saunas; that is, depending upon your taste of guys. However, on a postitive note, the guys are not nearly as aggressive as the guys at the other saunas, and I like this.

No place is perfect. Take the bitter with the sweet. And have one heck of a good time while in Brazil!

There is, in my view, no better sauna in Rio than Meio Mundo or in São Paulo than Alterosas. I know most M4Mers dislike both places but the guys there are so much more authentic, friendly, etc., than the other places, in my experience. As for darker colors: what could be better?

I have been here in São Paulo now for about six weeks and although I work the streets and rarely visit the saunas any more (haven´t been to one in these past six weeks), I am planning on Alterosas tomorrow afternoon where I know I will have a great time and am looking forward to it a lot. I will spend the night tomorrow with a young man I met on the street a month ago and whom I have been seeing on a regular basis. São Paulo and Rio are both paradise for older gays like most of us; I have been coming regularly for five years now and despite a few bad experiences (in Rio, never in São Paulo), nothing could keep me away for longer than a few months at a time!

If you learn Portuguese you´ll discover just what a paradise Brazil really is when you cruise the streets of São Paulo and Rio. But Portuguese is necessary for working the streets. And you´ll be happy you learned it because it will not only get you the sex you want, it´ll help you get to know these wonderful people better. Brazilians are amazingly warm and lovely people and despite the poverty and hard living conditions of many of them, they are happy and optimistic and you´ll find just that type of guy at Alterosas, in my experience, than at the other saunas where there is a more cynical, or, at least a cruder, commerical attitude. Anyway, there is no place in the world I know of like Brazil and some of the best it has to offer is in places like Meio Mundo and Alterosas...check ´em out!

Mac, let us know how your experience at Alterosas is when you do get there. Turns out I didn´t make it there yesterday after all, but hope get there at least once before I return to the US around the time you come here! All the best, or, as they say here: "Tudo de bom pra você!"

Archived