THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Being sick in the Saunas

song32
This topic is 7243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In an earlier posting from BD, he mentioned about his companions in Rio who were both sick last week. One from pneumonia and the other with an undiagnosed illness but was taking antibiotics. But that didn't hinder any of them from going to the saunas.

Shouldn't common sense have prevailed in this situation? The way the boys french kiss, out of respect for them (and their families as some of them are married and have kids) and also the rest of the visitors to the saunas, shouldn't people be more considerate and not spread whatever ails them? Even a common thing such as a cold. Over in America, this will be an excuse for one not to go to work, so why shouldn't that be different over in Brasil? I mean take a day or two of rest and then back to the saunas.

Also when I was in Rogers a week ago, a guy was walking around the sauna with an extremely strong smelling "Ben Gay-ish" type of ointment which seems to have been applied all over his body. I overheard him saying to one of the boys that he wasn't feeling well and his body aches all over.

The other word that has been used frequently in this forum aside from common sense is respect. And I think that some of us should start practicing it. Not only towards the boys and their families but also towards the saunas clients.

I had the same experience when I went to Brazil a few years ago. I got very sick...flu or something...but I wouldnt go to the saunas cause I didnt want to expose a weakened immune system to anything.

For me, I also would not want to engage in any encounters while I was sick. When I dont feel good I stay home and chill. Of course I would also be aware of the illness I could give to another.

Its great that you speak about respect and concern here. I think sometimes we can get caught up in a country and the trade and may not give these persons the same respect we do at home.

Guest msclonly

I have to agree, and am even more disturbed when someone gets on the plane with a bad cold, which is quickly passed on to all the nearby passengers.

;( x( }(

Just to clarify, my American friend was treated right away and did not go to the saunas, and Wan Hallen was the other, and he never goes to the saunas. I have not got sick from anything other than my fall, which made me ache like the old man that I am. I have also been walking everywhere, especially on the Igacu trip. Probably could use some ben gay, but sitting in the wet and dry saunas seems to do the trick

Kuhlau's Sonatina Opus 32 was my favorite when I started to play the piano and instead of Sonatina32 (which sounds to highbrow), I ended up with song32. This was before I realized I have more "vocal" talents and everything else changed. I gave up the piano and started to use my vocal chords. :9

• 2 weeks later...

This past week, whether at Estacao, Roger's or Pointe, there were amny garotos couching and sneezing. Remembe this post and thought that wasn't this all just alittle nuts? But then figured out that the need for some Reais took them to place where they could kwowingly making some clients sicks giving them colds, coughs and kho know what else?

Archived