THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

TOMCAL ?

Hunkster
This topic is 7258 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just started to read this site...GREAT!

I plan to go to RIO for 10 days starting in March 11. Staying at the famous Atlantico...thanks guys.

Any idea who is the best guide at present? I read all about Eduardo, Tom, etc. I would like to go around the sites during the day....and do a sauna run starting around 5PM. Would like a nice guy ( cute is helpful) to show me the ropes.

THANKS!

>>Any idea who is the best guide at present? I read all about

>Eduardo, Tom, etc. I would like to go around the sites during

>the day....and do a sauna run starting around 5PM. Would like

>a nice guy ( cute is helpful) to show me the ropes.

Hunkster -- I just got back from my first trip to Rio. Amazing is all I can say! One of the highlights of the trip was a tour provided by Tom (excitedspeedo@yahoo.com.br) who showed me around on Wednesday for a few hours. It was great. I know Axiom has strongly recommended Tom a number of times. At Tom's suggestion we took the ferry across the bay to Niteroi and saw the amazing Museum of Contempary Art (go see the building, not the art). We then returned to the Centro area and walked around to various sites. Throught the walk he provided interesting information and history about what was before us as well as general information on Rio. We spent about four hours and concluded it with lunch at the elegant Confeiteria Columbo.

He charges US$50 for 4 hours plus costs. The total cost of my tour ended up being about US$100 but that was only because of lunch -- Confeiteria Columbo is expensive by Rio standards. The actual travel and refreshment costs was US$10 to US$15.

As for wanting a hot guy, Tom sure fits the bill. I got a wink from one middle-aged guy at the Confeiteria Columbo who had check out Tom. He obviously suspected something other than a tour of Rio LOL.

Tom is concerned about people making promises and not showing up. He also prefers to know his clients interests in advance so that he can customize the tour. Next time I get to Rio (which can not be too soon)I plan to hire Tom for a tour of the Santa Teresa district.

Mike

Guest msclonly

Tour Guide

I met a nice young guy, Alan, at Roger's, who speaks very good English. He is very knowledgeable and comfortable to be around. Not the aggressive type. We had great converstaions and he knows many people around the Nite Owl (Corojhitnas). He can clue you in on who is safe, and make introduction, etc. Very reasonable.

Just a good guy to know!

Be sure to tip him.

;-)

Archived