THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

NYC - Rio - $500

catnip
This topic is 7276 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The prices on http://www.skyauction.com are pretty low now. If you go to auctions for Brazil and narrow it down to "air only," the auction ending tomorrow is at $401. The last recent auction ended at $421. There is a $95 tax they add (and a surcharge of $40 each way if you travel on a weekend). Still, the flights I've booked on that particular auction are on Continental and I've gotten miles for them. Carefully read the complete listing before you bid.

Dick, I've bought 5 Rio tickets on Skyauction. If you are a winning bidder, you indicate the days you want to travel. You get a response from the site, giving you the travel options...always on Continental. I've always been able to travel on the days I've requested. If you dont like the options presented to you...or if there are no seats available on the dates you selected, there is no obligation to purchase the tickets.

Archived