THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Luxury Rio Hotel

Guest dicodave
This topic is 7280 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Can someone recommend a five star luxury hotel in Rio with a

>central location and that allows guests to stay overnight?:-)

>

I know of no "five-star luxury hotel" in Rio that will allow overnight guests unless it is the same guest each night who is registered in your room.

On the other hand, there are several nice hotels in Rio where you can have guests stay overnight without causing raised eyebrows and problems with the reception as you enter with your guest.

It's all about compromise.

Cheers

The Marina All Suites has become very fashionable (in the W hotels style). I don't know their policy on guests. I'd strongly recommend asking Carlo Romano what he knows about it. The Marina All Suites is NOT centrally located, however. It's located at the far end of Leblon, so it's not within walking distance of the most popular attractions for M4Mers.

The Royal Rio, often mentioned here, is also very attractive (in the W hotels style) and does allow overnight guests. It's also much more centrally located than the Marina All Suites. To be honest, I think their rooms and facilities are as attractive as any of the more expensive hotels.

The most centrally located 5-star hotels would be the Copacabana Palace and the Marriott. But you will not find them very friendly about having "visitors."

My advice? Stay at the Royal Rio (the suites are great!) and if you feel the need for even more grandeur go have lunch/dinner/drinks at the Copacabana Palace, which is just a couple of blocks away.

Guest Tomcal_

The Marina All Suites Hotel is where the Restaurant "Bar d'Hotel" is located that I have previously mentioned as having gone to on my last two visits to Rio. I know the hotel has 38 suites, but I have never stayed there. However, on both visits, I had a "date" and was not stopped or questioned as we went past the desk to the elevator. As in most Rio hotels the restaurant is on the 2nd floor. The hotel is known to be gay friendly, Luis, one of the co-owners of Pointe told me about it. Both times at the restaurant the staff was very friendly and it was obvious we were a gay couple on a date! If I wasn't staying at Gulliver's apartment when I go to Rio, I would probably try out this hotel. Tri is right in that it is a walk from the gay Ipenema beach at Farme and a $7.00/5 min. taxi ride from the suanas in Copa.

Guest davenida

This may sound like the raving of an old fart, but here goes. Staying at a five star property is like an open invitation to rob you! If you are not really savvy about the scene in Rio and you don't speak Portuguese, you might consider staying at one of the five star properties and using one of the saunas in which to trick. Please read some of the postings about people being drugged and robbed in Rio before you make a decision. I have stayed at: The Ouro Verde, the Lancaster Othon, the California Othon, and the Othon Palace......all on ocean view apartments with no problem. However, I speak Portuguese and can chat up the desk staff making it possible for me to have guests spend the night. The Copacabana Palace, for me, is one of the most beautiful hotels in the world; but forget taking a guest to spend the night. It won't happen. Please, please be careful so that we don't read a posting later that you are either dead or tht you have been robbed. Those of us who are Brazil Nuts want you to have a wonderful time in Rio AND GO HOME SAFELY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WHILE YOU ARE THERE. A N D C O M E B A C K F

O F T E N.

As recently as yesterday, I returned from Rio after spending ten days at the Rio Royal Hotel which Trilingual alluded to in his response. It's a very beautiful and well appointed hotel, and as Tri stated, it's definitely on par with the "W" hotels. The staff was quite attentive, the ambiance wonderful, and it suited my needs perfectly.

From previous responses regarding this property, the hotel allows overnight guests at the tune of R$50. I chose not to have any overnight guests but enjoyed myself immensely at the saunas which I visited.

If it's imperative that you spend longer time with your scorts from the saunas and choose not to have them at your hotel, then I'd suggest that you go to a sex motel. The Hotel Lido is around the corner from the Royal Rio. I don't remember its address or anything, except that I passed by it innumerbale times on my way to my friend's favorite restaurant. The Hotel Lido is not a conspicious haunt, In fact it's quite low keyed with its: stucco exterior and tiled roof.

I hope you find what you need, but as stated previously by Trilingual, Carlo should be a great help in seeking what you need. More than likely if you book through him and his agency you will receive a much better rate, too!.

Thanks for the very positive port about the Marina All Suites. I am thinking about staying there on my next trip, despite the distance from the beach in Ipanema. I agree with the warning about bringing "guests" back to an upscale hotel like Mirina, make very sure that you know what you are doing. In other words, get advice on the boy from others whom you meet in the saunas from this site.

Archived