THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Trilingual Off-Line

Guest BeguiledTraveler
This topic is 7283 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest BeguiledTraveler

Ola Gentlemen!

Just received an e-mail from Trilingual.

His computer is water damaged :( and he will be off-line for a few days.

He will be back on-line when his computer is repaired (or he gets a new one!)

RE: Trilingual On-Line

Sorry, couldn't access M4M on my sister's or mother's computers!

There was a bit of a disaster here in the heartland. Somehow the dishwasher backed up and water dripped down into the finished basement that is my lair here. Amazingly, the water started dripping EXACTLY over the desk where my iBook lay open and powered! It was a bullseye hit on the keyboard, which covers the works. I did my best to blot it dry and used a hairdryer on the innards, then let it wait for 24 hours, but it wouldn't power up. The tech people at my friendly neighborhood Micro Center also couldn't do anything. Fortunately, I had insurance. So now I'm typing on a brand new iBook that's 4 times the machine I bought back in 2000! Fortunately, we were able to salvage the hard drive, so I was able to recover all my old documents, photos, etc. Even some of my applications!

I've still got work to do trying to get everything up and running, but it's much better than it was! Just in time to get back to Rio on 11/5!

Archived