THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Corujinha)

nycpaul
This topic is 7293 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I certainly enjoy this site and thank all those who contribute to it. I made my first trip to Rio in August and can't wait to return.

When I was there, I went to the 4 main saunas but didn't invite any of the sauna boys back to my hotel. I wasn't sure if they did overnights and because I had no Portuguese I didn't know how to ask them this. Therefore, I never had anyone overnight at my hotel. I now have read about Corujinha and it looks like a place to find boys for overnights. In preparation for my next trip to Brazil, please explain to me how the scene at Corujinha works? Also, is it safe to take guys who hang out there back to your hotel? And what is the usual going rate for an overnight with these boys.

Corujinha is like a sidewalk cafe with tables where you sit. Chances are good you'll run into some visiting M4Mers there. Get acquainted and sit with some other gringos. The boys hang out in and around Corujinha after the saunas give up. You just have to make eye contact and smile for a guy you like to walk over to your table.

Your best bets are to ask other M4Mers or some of the older Brazilian regulars (like José or Márcio, who know everyone) about the guys. If you don't know a guy from the saunas, and nobody else knows him, DON'T take him home. You can try one of the sex "motels" if you just can't resist.

For an overnight with one of the sauna boys, R$100 is usually enough. Tip an extra R$20 -50 if you're pleased with your experience.

There are a few known bad apples around Corujinha. One is Beto. Forgot the name of the other one mentioned recently; maybe Tomcal or one of the other regulars can post it here. These guys have, shall we say, sticky fingers. . .

Guest dreynsol

I agree, there are some undesirables that hang out at Corujinha's. Not to scare anyone, but I met a local there that was robbed when someone jumped in the cab with him there offering to help him home. He said he considers Corujhina's too dangerous. He was by himself and drinking heavily, but be careful. If it could happen to a local, it could happen -- more so -- to one of us.

You should be able to negotiate an overnighter at any of the saunas. I have many times. Just ask "Quanto custo por todo a noche?" (how much for all night) It's a little more difficult since some of them have family obligations, but more times than not, they'll accept.

I usually offer to take them to Corujinha's for a bite to eat before we head back to the hotel, to socialize with fellow M4Mers and also to validate that they're a "good boy".

I would offer them $100R, but it seems like $150R is what they're looking for, and if I'm inviting someone back to my hotel room -- I want to make sure they're happy. :-)

The majority will spend the night in your arms, wake up and join you for breakfast. There's nothing quite like waking up next to a gorgeous Brazilian in your arms :9 Have fun!

- Drey

Guest Tomcal_

>Hi , don´t even dream about taking a boy into your hotel room

>with your belongings...Specially not if you don't speak the

>language.. Take them to an hour hotel.. Even in there one time

>i had a sleeping pill in my beer.

I respectively Disagree! Although your recommendation of a hour hotel is very sound, I think alot of the guys like the idea of having someone sleep with them All night instead of leaving after an hour.

I don't speak Portuguese, have had alot of overnights at both the hotel and the apartment(definitly in excess of 100...150...?) and I have never had a problem, with the exception of a camera stolen at a party with approx. 30 people in the apartment at the time.

BUT...you have to have common sense.

First, make sure it's a guy you recognize from one of the saunas, they are by far the safest! This is a case of "Do as I say, Not as I do!" But I am pretty well known now by most of the guys and this gives me some leeway that the first timers will not have.

Secondly, keep ALL of your Money, watches, etc locked in the safe, even the nicest guy can be tempted by carelessness on our part!

Thirdly, if you are fairly new to the Rio scene, have the desk clerk take his I.D. to keep until they verify with you everything is all right when he goes to leave.

Fourth, Never have some guy you know get you a drink or handle your drink at the hotel/apt or in the bar! This has happened to two friends of mine where they got the "Goodnight Cinderella Drink". Both times it happened with guys they picked up off the beach and went back to the hotel and they the guys said let's have a drink and got one and handed it to the americans. Next thing they knew they were waking up 8 hours later with no belongings!. again, common sense should prevail. I told both of these guys, who are friends of mine in L.A., before they went, DO NOT PICK UP GUYS FROM THE BEACH!!!! Of course, they met these guys their first day and started thinking with the wrong Head!! They admitted that it was their own carelessness that caused the problem.

When you see other Americans at Corujinhas, and invariably you will, ask them if they know the guy and what they think.

It can happen that you would have a bad experience, but in my time in Rio, the odd are that you won't.

Everyone can have Great, Sex Fun filled overnights in Rio, just use common sense!

Guest dreynsol

>>Hi , don´t even dream about taking a boy into your hotel

>room

>>with your belongings...Specially not if you don't speak the

>>language.. Take them to an hour hotel.. Even in there one

>time

>>i had a sleeping pill in my beer.

Just wanted to clarify that I was agreeing with Trilingual's post. But, I also wanted to reaffirm TomCal's post that there should be no reason to be afraid to spend the night with a Brazilian sauna boy or someone that is highly recommended by a local there.

Each of us chooses the level of risk we are able to tolerate for the pleasure that we receive. But I would prefer being with a sauna boy who has their livelihood at stake, than someone who has nothing to lose.

- Drey

RE: Corujinha Location

>where about is this Corujinja bar ??? When i did google it

>said it was apizza restaurant ?? Is this correct ??

Technically it's a pizzeria, but it serves other food as well. It's located at the corner of r. Hilário de Gouveia and Praça Serzedelo Correia, one block in from the beach (or one block towards the beach from Av. Copacabana). There's a large yellow awning. Corujinha is closed Sundays, although perhaps they'll reconsider with the approach of high season. . .

Guest Tomcal_

It is 4 blocks from the Atlantico. Walk out the front door of the Atlantico, and head to the beach(east) on Sequiro Campos, you will cross Barata Rubiero and the next major blvd is Copacabana, as you cross the street still heading to the beach there will be a block square park on your left, corujinhas is "Kiddie corner" from you, on the opposite side of the park, very visible with its bright yellow awning. If you walk one block too far you are at Atlantico Blvd and the Beach. I believe the exact address is in the FAQ, but you won't need it. Best way is wait until 10:30/11:00 at one of the saunas such as Pointe, Rogers or Estacau, all of which are just off Sequiro Campos and give a guy $10. reias to walk you there, he will undoubtly be going there anyway, so it won't be out of his way!

Looks like I will miss you as I leave on the 7th. I have another question, if you don't mind. I saw somewhere on this site but don't remember where that there is one of the nice guys there who does pick ups and returns to the airport. Do you know this person? And how much does it cost? How do I contact him? Also, if he isn't available, should I just take a taxi to the hotel when I arrive at the Rio airport or do you have another suggestion?

I am arriving on November 4th and will be staying at the Atlantico. This is my third trip within a year and I will be staying for a month. My best advise is not to be afraid of the taxi system in Rio. It is really good. When you arrive, after you clear customs,which should not be a hassel (it never has been for me any way), you go direct to baggage claim. Right there you will see a booth that is selling taxi vouchers(red cab). The cabs are all nice and many of the drivers speak some English. If you get a voucher, it should cost about $R50.00 to the Atlantico. With confidence you can use a debit card to pay the cost of the voucher. There is a currency exchange right there, and if you are nervous about using a debit card, exchange just enough money to cover you until you get to an ATM, which will give you a more favorable rate. Remember, you do not want to keep a lot of cash on you. Just enough for a day or two. Believe us when we say that using the ATM's is a very easy, very safe process. You can also simply go out the door and hail a yellow taxi, which should only cost maybe $R30.00 to the Atlantico. With my experience, I would not hesitate to use a yellow cab as I know Rio well enough for him not to take me on the "scenic" tour. Yellow cabs are all on meters, whereas the red cab voucher is a predetermined fee.

While a bit worn on the tooth, the Atlantico is still my top choice. It is so centrally located (3 saunasa within 3 blocks, metro, the beach etc). The staff simply cannot be beat in terms of cordiality and making every effort to make your stay very nice. Further, they treat Wan Hallen with the same respect that they treat me.

Thanks, Big Daddy for the airport taxi information. I inquired about the Atlantico and was told they have rooms, junior suites and executive suites. Which category of room do you take? Is there a big difference among the three choices? If so which do you recommend? And who is Wan Hallen, if it is not too impolite of me to ask? Where are you from in the States? Maybe we can meet in Rio for a drink without intruding on each other's play time or share the rental of the van if you are planning another excursion while I am there, from November 2 to 7.

nycpaul - Go to "South of the USA FAQ" then move down until you see "Rio other practical Info" there is info on transportation as well as advise. I will be Rio on the 28th, have not as yet arranged any transportation to the Atlantico, but will more then likely take the bus....Have fun and take the advise that is posted, the M4M members have good experience and knowledge about Brazil....gr

Archived