THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

5 L O N G days

jackhammer91406
This topic is 7291 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If I can just get through five more days, I will be flying back down to RIO for nearly two glorious weeks. It is so hard to keep my mind focused on anything else. I so look forward to renewing friendships made last year at this time, and seeing some places I didn't have time for on my last trip.

Bless Hooboy for having this board and forum, and all of the posters like Tomcal, Trilingual, and The poet - Gringo and all of the other Brazil Nuts for their tales (tails? ) of love and beauty in this enchanted country.:D

The silver wings will take you back to the warm embrace of Mother Brasil. May all the dreams fired by your first visit come true. And may your heart be filled with magic once more....:+

>Bless Hooboy for having this board and forum, and all of the

>posters like Tomcal, Trilingual, and The poet - Gringo and all

>of the other Brazil Nuts for their tales (tails?)

I too am heading south next week -- unfortunately I am travelling elsewhere in South America for 3 weeks before I get to visit Rio for the first time (Nov 15 to 18). Can hardly wait. All the great advise and info will make my stay a lot more enjoyable. Thanks to all

xx Mike

Well, I´m currently in Rio after spending five days each in Sao Paulo and Salvador (Bahia)! But men, when the fun gets going, the time fleets away!

Rio and the cariocas are still as vibrant and as invigorating as ever! (I only wish I could pen this as eloquently as Gringo!) :-)Axiom

Well, I´m currently in Rio after spending five days each in Sao Paulo and Salvador (Bahia)! But men, when the fun gets going, the time fleets away!

Rio and the cariocas are still as vibrant and as invigorating as ever! (I only wish I could pen this as eloquently as Gringo!) :-)Axiom

RE: 3 L O N G days

Thanks for the compliment about my journal of the last trip. Actually I haven't planned on doing another one for this trip. I didn't think that anyone would be very interested in another one.

I have only today, tomorrow and Wednesday to get through now. And of course, the fates conspire to fill the days with emergencies just to slow me down. Well, time is on my side. Sooner or later , the days will be over and I will be gone.

Thanks for the compliment about my journal of the last trip. Actually I haven't planned on doing another one for this trip. I didn't think that anyone would be very interested in another one.

I have only today, tomorrow and Wednesday to get through now. And of course, the fates conspire to fill the days with emergencies just to slow me down. Well, time is on my side. Sooner or later , the days will be over and I will be gone.

And I'm sure it's no accident that you have planned to celebrate your birthday with Mother Brasil....enjoy and Happy Birthday! :+

And I'm sure it's no accident that you have planned to celebrate your birthday with Mother Brasil....enjoy and Happy Birthday! :+

Jack I very much enjoyed your travel adventures. I had looked forward to your near daily posts. I even felt a little sad when you became ill :7 Anyway, should you have a little time to keep us updated please do. If not maybe you can share with us when you return (if you decide to return :) )

RT :)

Jack I very much enjoyed your travel adventures. I had looked forward to your near daily posts. I even felt a little sad when you became ill :7 Anyway, should you have a little time to keep us updated please do. If not maybe you can share with us when you return (if you decide to return :) )

RT :)

Jackhammer,

Yesterday while I sat at a curbside restaurant (Mab´s) which is on Av Atlantico, a group of three young men sauntered by. I looked and couldn´t believe who one of the young cariocas was: it was YOUR Alex; he looked over and continued walking and gave thumbs´up signal while looking back; I told my lunch companion, another M4Mer and American that I´d met Alex last year when you and he were enjoying Rio.

Damn, it´s a small world! :-) Axiom

Jackhammer,

Yesterday while I sat at a curbside restaurant (Mab´s) which is on Av Atlantico, a group of three young men sauntered by. I looked and couldn´t believe who one of the young cariocas was: it was YOUR Alex; he looked over and continued walking and gave thumbs´up signal while looking back; I told my lunch companion, another M4Mer and American that I´d met Alex last year when you and he were enjoying Rio.

Damn, it´s a small world! :-) Axiom

One Day More

I got a phone call from Tomcal this weekend who told me Alex had run into him at the café and excitedly told him that I was coming back to RIO. Of course Tom already knew this, but it sure made me feel good when I heard that Alex was in town and expecting me. I haven't had any contact with him for a while, so not sure how he knew.

As for a journal, I will give it some thought. I started having some medical problems yesterday which continue today and so there is a very real chance I will have to cancel the trip. I won't decide until tomorrow morning. I may have to eat the plane ticket since it is a low fare and probably not refundable.

And yes Gringo, it was no accident that the trip was planned around my birthday. I often try and leave town around this time of year so that friends won't feel obligated to take me to dinner or anything. However, some of my local friends dragged me out last night for dinner at the RIO lounge and Grille in Encino, CA. I have eaten there before. It is a very nice, upscale Brazilian Rodizio ( look in the FAQs section for a description of this type of restaurant.) We had a great time, a few drinks, tons of great skewered roasted meats and side dishes.

I hope to keep my appointment with Brazil in one more day.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

One Day More

I got a phone call from Tomcal this weekend who told me Alex had run into him at the café and excitedly told him that I was coming back to RIO. Of course Tom already knew this, but it sure made me feel good when I heard that Alex was in town and expecting me. I haven't had any contact with him for a while, so not sure how he knew.

As for a journal, I will give it some thought. I started having some medical problems yesterday which continue today and so there is a very real chance I will have to cancel the trip. I won't decide until tomorrow morning. I may have to eat the plane ticket since it is a low fare and probably not refundable.

And yes Gringo, it was no accident that the trip was planned around my birthday. I often try and leave town around this time of year so that friends won't feel obligated to take me to dinner or anything. However, some of my local friends dragged me out last night for dinner at the RIO lounge and Grille in Encino, CA. I have eaten there before. It is a very nice, upscale Brazilian Rodizio ( look in the FAQs section for a description of this type of restaurant.) We had a great time, a few drinks, tons of great skewered roasted meats and side dishes.

I hope to keep my appointment with Brazil in one more day.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

RE: One Day More

upscale Brazilian Rodizio ( look in the FAQs

>section for a description of this type of restaurant.) We had

>a great time, a few drinks, tons of great skewered roasted

>meats and side dishes.

Of course I know that Gringo knows what a rodizio( sp?) is, I meant for those who do not, check the FAQs section.

upscale Brazilian Rodizio ( look in the FAQs

>section for a description of this type of restaurant.) We had

>a great time, a few drinks, tons of great skewered roasted

>meats and side dishes.

Of course I know that Gringo knows what a rodizio( sp?) is, I meant for those who do not, check the FAQs section.

Guest Tomcal_

JH, You will have a great time!! Remember you are supposed to tell that "special" person for me that I will be down on the 6th of Nov.

Have a great birthday down there and we will compare pics when you get back! Rememeber..."Today is the Tomorrow, You worried about Yesterday, and it never Happened!"

Guest Tomcal_

JH, You will have a great time!! Remember you are supposed to tell that "special" person for me that I will be down on the 6th of Nov.

Have a great birthday down there and we will compare pics when you get back! Rememeber..."Today is the Tomorrow, You worried about Yesterday, and it never Happened!"

Archived