THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Sauna Drinks

song32
This topic is 7293 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

First of all, thanks to all the posters, you have made my first Rio trip so memorable and easier as everything was discussed here in detail. I want to know if the boys get a commission whenever a client buys them a drink? One of them that I was chatting with even asked me to buy him a sandwich. I guess if they do earn commissions, then a decent way for them to earn a few couple reals is done just by buying them drinks. Do they also earn extra money by the number of rubbers they use? One of the guys I hired opened and used 3 rubbers in 15 minutes (and there was nothing wrong with the first two that he put on, and they were all the same). And I think I was charged for each one of them. Which brings to me to paying the tab at the end. All I was told was the total and they never break down the bill for me. I figured paying 50 to 60 reals is nothing so I didn't bother. It just leaves me wondering what else was added to the bill.

Prior to my going to Brasil for the first time, I came to this site and I, as you, received an abundance of vital information. Since that time I've been to Brasil on two other occasions and will be leaving again for South America (Brasil) on this Wednesday.

During all of this time-- I've never encountered the topic that you address in your thread. When I went with a guy, I would always ask him afterwards if he desired something to drink and eat. Most time the guys would get a drink, a few drink and food, but never did anyone of my guys ask for either.

In terms of condom use, I had my own, thus the guys used those XL Magnums with delight and a smile.

But in response to your initial question--the guys do not get a commission; they pay an entrance fee and receive their fee from us; if you wish to purchase drink and/or food, that's your decision.

In regard to the guy using more than one condom-- he, more than likely, was being wasteful since he doesn't/didn't have to buy them!

It was my experience that the saunas always charge you for condoms whether you use theirs or not. They also charge you for soap.

It was also my experience that many boys frequently asked you to buy them a drink. On two different occasions, after I had bought a boy a drink, he later used my name to buy other drinks without my permission.

The guys DO NOT get a commission on drinks or anything else at the sauna. In fact, they have to pay to get into the saunas, just like you do (although at a discounted rate) and have to pay for any food or drink they buy. Naturally, they'll ask clients to treat them, but you aren't under ANY obligation, although it's mean-spirited and cheap not to offer to buy something for a guy you've been chatting up for a while (especially if you decide not to go to a "cabine" with him) or after you've actually been with a guy. A few of the guys have been known to be a bit pushy. Just be firm with your "no," and if a guy keeps bothering after you've declined clearly (but nicely) let the management know. Nagging customers for drinks/food is against most of the saunas rules for the boys.

The saunas do charge R$2 - 3 for condoms and lube (sometime referred to as a "kit") which they issue when you get a key for a cabine. Normally these are optional extras. If you bring your own supplies, or just don't need them because you're not doing anal sex, you can tell the guy who gets the cabine key (or the attendant at the desk if you get the key yourself) that you don't need a condom kit. I haven't heard of the saunas charging for soap, but they will charge for extra towels (usually you get a couple free on entrance) or for the use of a bathrobe.

All of the saunas can show you an itemized bill (some, like Lagoa, print it out and give it to you when you leave you so you can check it yourself). Complain if there are charges you didn't make. The sauna management is aware of the problem of things being charged to the clients' keys without authorization and tries to be vigilant, but I suppose there's occasional backsliding. Ordinarily, the sauna bars won't sell something to one of the boys unless the client is with him and shows his key number. But I suppose there are new bar employees, or they get really busy, and sometimes they forget to double check. Usually I've had no problem getting things taken off my bill that I didn't charge, but then I speak fluent Portuguese. However, if you can manage "meu, meu, não é meu, meu" as you point to the items on your bill, you should be able to get improper charges removed.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from my fist trip to Rio and had a great time with no hassles. The only sour note so to speak was on my last night at Estacio. I was chatting with a couple of guys over a beer. They asked me if they could have a drink--of course I said sure. It was a slow night and a couple of guys that I had chatted with earlier asked me if they could have a drink as well--of course I said sure. This is when guys started appearing out of the woodwork with drinks. I probably should have raised a red flag then, but everyone seemed to be having a good time. Soon more drinks appeared--and so on.

Well the bill for the drinks alone was 160 reals! Red Bull, which alot of the guys were drinking is 10 reals a can--so watch out if you have a fixed amount of cash with you. Fortunately the front desk clerk let me go back to the Atlantico to fetch more cash to pay off my bill.

It was fun talking with all of the guys, but be careful or you might end up with quite a large, unexpected bar tab.

Guest Tomcal_

That's a very good point. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that at Club 117, a Caprihina is $3.OO reias and a Red Bull is $9.00 !!

Your better off going with alcohol!...Florida Robb was right! LOL

Invariably the drink of choice for the boys is Red Bull and if you end up treating several of them, your bar bill is larger than your suite/room charges! ;-)

Archived