THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Can Rio Heal My Heart?

StillLovely
This topic is 7277 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Some of you may remember me as the one who has posted a few times on the Dominican Republic. Well, today is a very sad day for me. I just broke up with my Dominican novio of 3 1/2 years, and my heart is breaking. As usual, I had planned on going to Santo Domingo for the week of Thanksgiving, but I don't think I could take returning there just yet. I love the Dominican Republic and it's people, but I had fell head over heels for this guy, and alas, things have not worked out, and I'm not sure they ever could. Going back so soon would most likely be more than I could handle.

So, I'm thinking of finally taking the Rio plunge, and going the week of Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if I'm really the type of person that would enjoy the saunas, but I'm willing to give it a try, I guess. I do love the beach. And though not fluent, I do speak a fair amount of Spanish, so from what I've read here, it will help.

I'm not trying to sound like a drama queen (though I can be at times), but my heart is really breaking, and I'm hoping that maybe Rio could help with the healing process.

Any thoughts or suggestion from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have been to the DR several times and it certainly has its charms. Its big advantage is that it is so close and a country of exceptionally well endowed men. Brasil is a much longer plane ride, but its worth the effort. When you step off the plane in Rio you will have arrived at a truly magical place. You will suddenly find yourself two inches taller, three times as wealthy, much sexier and infinitely more interesting. Mother Brasil will embrace you and you will never be the same again. :+

Listen to the master

Gringo knows what he is saying.

I am so sorry that you have lost a portion of your heart, but Brazil is in the heart transplant business and you will have a new section installed in the vacant spot in hours of your arrival. it is impossible to feel pain and loss when such a charming people as the Brazilians are nearby. Trust the Gringo. He is the ex officio poet of Brazilian love.

RE: Listen to the master

Keep in mind that Rio offers more than the saunas. There are also agencies, Corujinha, and the bars and saunas that offer non-commerical hook-ups. The commercial scene, though, might be a good way to get your mind off your recent break-up without feeling like you need to make any kind of commitment. That might help you heal.

The breathtaking scenery, the many sights, and the overwhelming warmth and charm of the Brazilians will also go a long way towards helping you recover from your break-up. With Spanish and a bit of effort, you'll find that you can communicate pretty well, and that will help, too.

Go! Enjoy! :D

Brazil and Rio in particular will work magic on you. It is very difficult ending a relationship and really, not much can be said to make you feel better. Focus on the good times that you had together, no one can take that away.

It was just one year ago that I was getting ready to travel to Rio for my first time. I had not had a significant other for many years and had basically given up all hope of ever loving another human being. I have many friends here in Phoenix, and even have "joint custody" of my very close "boy" friend Kurt(I thank the "higher power" each day that Kurt lives with Don, who also has joint custody). I however had no one that I day dreamed about, or my heart ached for. I traveled to Rio with only the expectation of fucking my brains out and returning home to my dogs/cats and my live in house boy who likes to pretend he is straight. Within minutes of getting off the plane, I began to sense that something special was in the air.

The second M4M Gran Festa was at the end of October and the Atlantico was filled with gringos. I made many enduring friendships which are very special to me. What I noticed immediately however was the people and how friendly and warm they were, even at the airport. I was treated like I was a "star". I soon realized that Brazilians are friendly and warm by nature, and they treat everyone like they are a star.

On my first night, I, along with most of the gringos made our way to Corrujinha's (after visiting Estacao and Point 202). That was the first time I saw Wan Hallen. I wanted to talk to him, but was still in the shy mode. My heart told me to go over and speak to him, he was sitting at a table with some of the guys. I told myself I was too tired to pursue him and went home alone. To make a long story a bit shorter, that was the last night that I have spent sleeping alone while in Brazil. I saw Wan Hallen the next day and asked him if he was going to Corrujinha's and asked if he would meet me there. He has been with me ever since.

When I left for the first time, my heart broke. I cried when I saw Wan Hallen wiping his tears away. I promised myself and Wan Hallen that I would return, but I wondered if he would ever see me again. Within a week, he called me and my heart leaped over the moon. I returned in April, and my bebito walked into the lobby of the Atlantico and I knew he loved me. He called me yesterday to remind me that I have been his "bebito" for a year and that he has a present for me. The only present I want is to be with him.

I used to worry about the day when he would not call or return my e-mails. Then I received some very good advise from a very caring M4M friend. Enjoy the moment. Wan Hallen has made me feel beautiful again, and even if he kicks me to the curb tonight, I will always love him and be grateful for the time we had together.

You asked the question, Can Rio heal my heart? If there is any place on earth that can, Rio is it. It healed my heart. Brazil has changed my life. Brazil, eu te amo. Rio, eu te amo. Wan Hallen, eu te amo muito, muito, muito.

Thanks to everyone who replied - both on the board and privately. I am 3 days into this breakup, and it was a very difficult weekend. Friday night he left a drunken voice mail on my cell phone threatening suicide if I didn't call him back. When I got the message, I panicked and called him. At this point he was even more drunk and still threatning suicide. He owns and carrys around a gun, so the possibility is not far fetched. I told him that I wasn't going to talk to him while he was so drunk, and he could call back tomorrow and we would talk. I didn't intend to make up, but to me the suicide threat sounded serious so I was just saying what I could to get him through the night. Well, the next day he never called nor did he call on Sunday. I called him on Sunday just to hear his voice to know he was alive, and he answered. After that, I was finally able to shut the phone off and take a sleeping pill and get the first real sleep I've had in days.

For many reasons I won't get into here on this board, I need to end this relationship and move on. I still love him, and maybe I always will. I just don't know. But I do know that I can't continue the relationship.

But enough of this depressing subject. I am just about 90 percent sure I'm going to take the Rio plunge Thanksgiving week. The responses you've given me have been very encouraging. Maybe it's just what Dr. Love has ordered. I'll make my final decision sometime in October, and I'll be sure to post on the board. And the Thanksgiving get together at the Marriott sounds wonderful!

Once again, thanks to all of you for your very kind and thoughtful responses.

Archived