THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Fall Airfares on American Airlines to Rio

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7306 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

I just booked a flight for October, LAX to RIO for $590. on American, they only have a few seats on each flight at this price. These are upgradeable using miles.

That's ONE WAY for 25,000 miles. A round trip runs 50,000. However, it's nice that you can break it up, because sometimes one leg of your trip has seats available when the other doesn't, so at least you can make part of your trip in business class.

Also, even on international flights, you can use your electronic upgrades on the domestic segments. I've done that when the international segment wasn't available. These days there seems to be NO meal service in coach on the 2-1/2 hour DFW/MIA flights, so if a meal is important to you during such a long trip, this is a way to get one. (And in the early morning the food possibilities at MIA are grim.)

Guest Tomcal_

>Tom, does that include all the tax. I have a r/t on

>Continental from Phoenix, via Houston for $701 inclusive.

Yes It did, but when one of my friends tried to get that fare 2 days later it was gone! I register on both Continental and American websites so that their newest discount fares get emailed that same day, as usually those seats are limited, then I put them on hold, which is usually for 10 days, so I can take time to detirmine if those dates will work. It's better to reserve and Hold them, that way you lock in the price, without having to risk any cost should you decide against those dates.

Before August 1st I had a reservation with Continental; I had planned to use 25K miles and pay $375 for miles not covered. Well, much to my chagrin and dismay, when I attempted to change my reservation a few days after 1 August, I was informed that the mileage portion had been increased, thus disallowing me this reservation.

I know you inquired about discounts; I deemed the above to fit that category.

Guest msclonly

More miles needed for Award tickets

I booked three R/T's at the old miles rate prior to July 31, and the 10 day hold was good into August at the old milagage rate. Since I fly First, I saved a lot of miles for the Standard Award at the old miles rate.

You needed another Customer Disservice agent to have done the same thing. Sometimes it pays to just hang up and call back with the hope of getting a more enlightened phone agent to complete the ticketing!:+

Archived