THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Transportation for rent

world traveler
This topic is 7314 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't know about motor scooters, but there's a big bicycle shop on r. Barata Ribeiro at the corner of Prado Junior (the first street in Copacabana after Av. Princesa Isabel). I believe they rent bikes, and they might know about motor scooters. I don't know about prices, although I know that car rental prices in Brazil aren't what I'd call cheap!

Be sure you have insurance, or inquire about it locally, because theft isn't uncommon.

There's an extensive bikepath system along the beaches all the way to downtown. Considering the way Brazilians drive, I'd be hesitant to bike much on regular city streets!

Guest Tomcal_

I drive over 25,000/yr on So. Calif freeways, so I consider myself a very good(and fast)driver and I would be extremely reticent to drive Anything motorized in Rio!! Don't Do It!! I was just in NYC this weekend and I was thinking about being a pedestrian in a city like NYC, where, when you are in a crosswalk ... the traffic waits for you! and Rio, where it helps to be a world class sprinter when you are in a crosswalk!! Drivers in Rio pay no attention to lane markings, you will see that on the taxi drive from the airport to the hotel.

Archived