THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

NEW AIRLINE?

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 7320 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

GOL has made big inroads in the Brazilian air market in the past couple of years. It started off as a discount airline inspired by Southwest, but lately its fares haven't been so cheap, although it does offer occasional red-hot specials and it has pushed the competition pretty hard. Service is efficient but basic. According to news accounts here in Brazil, its international fares aren't likely to be all that cheap because they'll have a lot of expenses in dollars and other foreign currency to deal with. I hope GOL is intelligent enough to try exploiting and/or developing some different routes instead of just competing on the already overloaded regular ones (like SP - MIA). There are signs of that, as they're supposed to be starting some routes to Buenos Aires from places like Belo Horizonte. I think they could do well exploring routes to some U.S. cities like Boston or San Francisco that don't currently have any direct flights but are major markets with large local Brazilian communities to help fill planes.

Until now, it's been difficult for foreigners to use GOL because, among other things, they won't accept credit cards issued outside Brazil for payment. (Maybe someone who works in the wonderful world of plastic can explain what appears to be a strange business decision?) Now that GOL is inaugurating international service, perhaps that will change.

By the way, the owner of GOL is a very handsome hunk. I'd do him in a flash! :9

Guest msclonly

BA -RIO

What airlines serve the BA to Rio routes?

I have a Delta award ticket to EZE and thought a long weekend in Rio would be a nice side trip in March or there abouts.

RE: BA -RIO

Best bet for good fares and schedules (non-stops) is Aerolineas Argentinas. RT to Rio on an excursion should be around US$300 (or less). If you can't get a good rate from the U.S., try e-mailing Carlo Romano to see if he can reserve something for you using e-ticketing.

RE: BA -RIO

You should be able to get these fares from almost any travel agency in Buenos Aires. The issue is that there are usually advance purchase requirements to get the best fares. The rules may be available on the Aerolineas Argentinas website.

If you know your dates you could contact RobertoBA and (for a minor consideration) he could get the ticket for you in plenty of time. If you wait until the last minute you might have to pay the walk-up fare, which is probably not prohibitive but will definitely be more.

Archived