THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Need a Salvador Update...

jonj
This topic is 7347 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My August trip (2nd visit to Rio!) is fast approaching; I'm hoping the "winter" weather will remain cool and pleasant!

I've just added several days in Salvador to my plans; this will be my first visit there. I've looked through the FAQ section but did not find much of anything on this Bahian town. I have all the guidebooks so I would just appreciate reading any posters' "BEST OF" lists for the sites, culture, music, etc. not to be missed.

But, also, I'd appreciate an update on the one or two best saunas there... including location and how to get there, and if prices and the "general rules of behavior" are the same as in the Rio saunas.

Obrigado!

There have been postings on Salvador; try using the search function within this particular forum for keywords like "Salvador" or "Bahia."

Persona and Rio's are two popular saunas. Prices are lower, especially in low season. Around R$30 per adventure. Otherwise, the saunas work pretty much the same way they do in Rio.

It only takes one or nice encounters to make a sauna trip fun BUT do not expect Salvador to be anything like saunas in other Brazilian cities.

Flarobb and I were there last August during a month long Brazil tour and found the sauna scene there the least active of all the cities we visited. In terms of facilities, ambience, numbers - we would give it a low rating.

A very special scort whom Gulliver mentioned in one of his threads last August was Carlos, aka Marivas-- a gorgeously built, handsome Bahian, who has been extremely blessed by God in the endownment department.

After Gulliver's mentioning of him, I asked Carlo's assistant to make contact with Marivas; he did and EVERYTHING was smooth sailing from there. Read my review of this sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy man who kisses and fucks divinely. (He was a taxi driver last year, too; I don't know if he still does that or not!) ...excellent, super-reasonable rates, too, in the former department.......!! :9 :9

Thanks for this recommendation. In reading about the sauna scene in Salvador in the archives, it doesn't seem too great. So knowing about a few guys like Carlos sounds like a good idea! Any others?

Obrigado!

I followed through and sent Fernando (my bahiaboy) an email. Within hours Fernando wrote to me. In his message he stasted that he is in England until the middle of November of this year. Too bad for us who had wanted to engage his services. So, men, that's the scoop!

Go to his wonderful website and feast your eyes on a very interesting-looking and apparently quite knowledgeable man! His pics had my heart thumping! After reading and viewing everything on his site, I truly yearn to return to Bahia (Salvador, Brasil). But this time, I want to hook up with a knowlegeable gay guide.

I followed through and sent Fernando (my bahiaboy) an email. Within hours Fernando wrote to me. In his message he stasted that he is in England until the middle of November of this year. Too bad for us who had wanted to engage his services. So, men, that's the scoop!

Go to his wonderful website and feast your eyes on a very interesting-looking and apparently quite knowledgeable man! His pics had my heart thumping! After reading and viewing everything on his site, I truly yearn to return to Bahia (Salvador, Brasil). But this time, I want to hook up with a knowlegeable gay guide.

Archived