THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

New Rio Trip

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7359 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

On Wednesday I leave for Rio for a long weekend. Since March I have been going about every 3-1/2 weeks. I think I have a addiction!! lol

But I dont' want to be cured yet!! It will be lonely down there this trip, my buddies, Gulliver, Robbguy, FloridaRob, Hank30, etc. will not be there! I will be in Gulliver's apt. ALL BY MYSELF!!.....ok, by myself as far as American friends to hang with.

THis trip will be just a relaxing 4 days...although my friend Doug says that I am the only person he knows of that can go on vacation and get a complete cardiac workout without leaving the bed!

So look for posts after this thurs...if there is anything good to report

Guest msclonly

Tommy,

Happy Traveling! Rio be more at home, then Calif by this time, and too hard to leave the comforts of home. Wish I was there to keep you company, when you are engaged! :) I know you will not be lonely! Will look for your reports on a twice daily basis.

Do you know what it is like during Carnaval as to the guys and the saunas, as well as, the restaurants and bars? The last time I was there during Carnaval was 25 years ago. Using an Easypass award hurts a little.

I missed having an standard award ticketed in time for Sept 15, and now have some conflicts with a Sept 22 departure. Trying to get there before it gets warmer in October.

:+

Guest msclonly

Too many miles and Elite status.

I am wondering how quiet does it get starting Ash Wednesday after Carnaval. I have to decide on a return date in Feb and do not want to miss any activities. I assume any extras, who come to town for Carnaval return to their homes, when it is over.

Thanks for any information, that will help me decide when to return.

Right now it is for Feb 9 on the evening flight.

Guest msclonly

Small fortune!

The Sept trip was to be a booster until the Feb trip. Since it will take double miles award to fly during the busy Carnaval Season, I will cancel the Sept trip.

Am avoiding all air travel until late Sept due to dangerous aspects.

THe Royal Rio has a five day Carnaval package for $1226., which is 3 times their normal rate per day, but "it is good Hotel for a single man!" Wonder what the travel agent means by that?

:+

I thought I answered the sauna question in conjunction with Carnaval; as for restaurants, yes, they're crowded, but I liked the vibrance and vitality of the people, plus people watching, so having an hour's wait at Marius's was not bad at all. Also, it depends on when you go to the restaurants. I went to many at varying hours, and all were not too crowded when I went.

Ave. Atlantica was filled with people on both sides for miles and miles, but M...that's one of the joys of being in Rio at Carnaval.

...went to the "Parade of..."

Crowds abound but they did not get too unweildy for me! :-)

Guest msclonly

The same kind of dangerous aspects, that I was aware of a year in advance of 911. Only this year, they are much worse at about the same time +- a few days. You can fill in blanks as what that might mean.

I learned from a travel agent, that the fun continues through the weekend after Ash Wednesday. Maybe not as crowded. But the enercy starts at least a week before. I guess it will depend on other World events.

Does any one know which of the Balls are good for the single man.

Cheers!

PS I meant to say, that I wish I were there to keep Tomcal company, when he wasn't engaged. Sorry.

PSS The travel agent must have just onverted the R$270 per night rate to US$270 per night rate for the Carnaval 5 day package at the Royal Rio Palace Hotel. That makes for easier boodkeeping. Yes, it must be about money!

The Banda Parade and festivities in Ipanema on the day when all of the action begins in the Sambadroma is a hoot, a lot of fun! Take it in!

Also, I don't know about balls and single gents, but I'd recommend the Scala Ball that's held in Leblon. People--- people-- people. ...the biggest gay ball and rather lively.

Perhaps an email to Carlo or to Tri when he returns from his European jaunt would be in order. Suggestion: I'd take someone with me, a sauna boy or guide, to the ball. It shouldn't cost that much more! Fortunately, I went to Rio and to Carnaval with a good friend of mine. But, if I'd gone solo, I would have had a paid companion to enjoy and experience these festivities!

A few guys I met on the Apollus gay cruise had paid company with them for the ball as well as for other events. They said that they had a wonderful time. I think their companions could speak English as well as Brasilian Portuguese.

>On Wednesday I leave for Rio for a long weekend. Since March

>I have been going about every 3-1/2 weeks. I think I have a

>addiction!! lol

As the late Robert Palmer sang

"Might as well face it I`m addicted to love".

Unfortunately poor Robert left us at a fairly early age

:+ :+ . Maybe he should have spent more time in Rio :9 :9

See you next week ? with pics, unless your camera disappears again.:+

Guest msclonly

Sex is as good as running, re: aerobics for the heart.

That makes me feel so much better about 'exercising' several times a day since I was 14 years old. It was many more times a day, when I first started exercising. That may explain why I look 15 years younger then my age. :)

Archived