THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Hiring guide, or companion for the day in Rio

world traveler
This topic is 7369 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If one was to hire, a guide, or companion, like Eduardo what would be the proper price to pay him for 5 or 6 hours. An hourly wage or a flat sum? I realize that the person doing the hiring would pick up his expenses also, such as food, transportation, etc. It seems to me that paying by the hour would be better than just a flat fee as one day may be shorter or longer than others, after all it is called getting good value for the dollar you pay.

WT

I think that trying to pay by the hour, with the exchange rate what it is, might make you appear be tighter with a dollar than you need to be in Brazil. Some guides are more valuable than others, of course. but the time I spent with Eduardo, and the help he gave me was well worth the $$ I paid him.

Whomever you hire, I would suggest hiring the guy for the day at his day rate, and see how the day goes. Even a shortened day might end up being some additional time in the evening..(yummm)

Additional advice and guidelines are contained in the archives if they didn't disappear during the crash in May. A lot had been written about Eduardo and his rates and other guides.

I paid my guide a flat fee of forty US dollars plus a well deserved tip. He spent five or six hours with me, but as of this response, he might have increased his rates which I found to be more than reasonable. (Tom can be found on Rentboy.com/Rio; I haven't been to this site for a whle, so I just have to assume that he is still there with his sexy self.)

If my plans come to fruition-- I'll be back in Rio during the latter part of October; I do plan to hire Tom again if he's available; he was such a sweetie as well as extremely adept in being a registered guide.

Archived