THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

It turns to rain in Rio

Driver
This topic is 7371 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since the weekend it has been gradually getting cooler here in Rio and it is light rain today (Tuesday).

Sunday I went to 117 which was busy for the bingo but I warned Ira and Andrew that it would empty quickly afterwards which it did aparently. I went to estacion which was dead, about 7 boys and 3 clients, given my interest was in the barstaff i didn't have a problem. I had a few drinks with them and some chatting until i was the last one there. Once again both of the bar staff had not been to sugarloaf mountain or corcavado so I offered to take them both the next day at 10:00 (english time stated)

There was an all night party at estacion later that evening which i surprised maurice or junior did not mention given the time i'm spending in there clubs. Maybe they are concerned becuase they know i know floridaRobb, a well known troublemaker in these parts.

On my way to Corujinhas I met Diogo one of the rough looking guys at estacion who i havn't seen work for a while. I invited him for food and he ended comming back to the hotel for an hour. I was told he was a nice guy and he was.(a very nice blow job)

John told me he had been followed fro the bank by some guys and even though he crossed the street several times they still followed him (8:00pm in the area of mcdonalds). When the street quietened they started to run for him but he was lucky and dashed into an open pharmacy. The pharmacy owner went oustide with his phone and the men ran away. If you stay at the atlantico, get money from the bank next door and immediately take it to your safe.

The next day only Adrian turned up from estacion and not leo. Adrian turned up at 10:28. We went to corcavado which was imtermittantly cloudy. Sometimes we couldn't see the statue and we were underneath it. Sugarloaf was better, i asked if he wanted his picture on a plate (please don't use for food as the colors on the plate can turn food toxic) and to my surprise he said yes. Hmm that's one favela the taste police will need to visit soon. The helicopter rides are now priced in R$ instead of US$ which is much better for me. We took the number 6 ride and he couldn't believe it.

Meal at the sequiro grill and then he went home. We met later at coruljinhas (quite by accident) and he and a friend came with Ira andrew and myself to incontrus (3:30am)

Ira took his friend back to the hotel it seems and ira is adamant that Adrian has offered to do programs even if i think he does not.

I was so tired I slept right through to the afternoon today which is good for me as my sleep pattern has been very bad this visit. John has recommended Embien (spelling?). The maid buzzed my room and the front desk rang up to see if i wanted it cleaned today so i said yes and fled to the internet cafe. Had a very interesting dream which was a combination of dungeons and dragons and a little bondage/rubber/leather scene. Not sure where that came from.

I'm going to estacion first after food then no doubt 202 will beckon.

The days are satrting to run into each other now which is a sign im starting to unwind from work which is not a bad thing, wth just one week to go now i had better make hay whilst the sun shines.

>If you stay at the atlantico, get money from the bank next door and

>immediately take it to your safe.

>

>

Where is the bank next door to Atlantico? I have walked around the area of Atlantico Hotel many times and have never noticed a bank next door. I am aware of the ATM machine at the Sugar Loaf Market across the street and up one block. Do you remember the name of the bank? Thanks -

Driver,

Since they know you know me they should be telling you about the after hours parties...since it probably means you're a bozzer too.

The Bradesco limit is R$600 per transaction, any daily limits are imposed by your own bank. I've gone in and got out R$600 then another R$600,,,actually Bradesco doesn't even treat it as an ATM withdrawal, it is a checkcard purchase. My bank charges an ATM fee of $1.50 USD so at Citibank I pay the fee while at Bradesco I don't. Some of you guys that have money in the bank probably don't get the fees with premium accounts, but when you keep like $10 in there you do.

The magic word on Brazilian ATMs (when you're in a bank branch with many specialized machines) is "saques", which means "withdrawals." Other machines may only be for deposits, paying bills, or other non-cash transactions. Of course, also look to see if the machine displays the Visa/MasterCard logos. At Bradesco the machines are color-coded, as SFTraveler notes. The light blue ones do withdrawals, as do most of the machines marked "Multi-Função."

Driver:

Thank you for taking time away from your vacation to keep us informed about happenings in our favorite city. Your posts are interesting and are sometimes amusing. Are you making your postings from that awkward keyboard located in the lobby of the Atlantico? Please keep up the postings.

Cheers

Guest dreynsol

Hey Driver,

I would also like to thank you for your posts and showing my friends the DaddyBears and Ira a great time while you're there.

Just wanted to add that I was able to get R$1000 each time from the ATM at the Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf) grocery about a half block from the Atlantico. My favorite!

Always went early in the afternoon when there were plenty of people around though and then proceeded directly to my hotel safe.

There was one day when the machine said "Too many transactions" though and limited me to R$200. Other than that, it was great.

So, I would recommend planning ahead for Brazilian unpredictable inconveniences.

Hope that helps any future travelers there.

Tchau,

Drey

The advice to plan ahead is always worth repeating when weekends aproaches as the most conveniantly placed machines can and do run out of money.

As regards postings, I used to use the hotel computer and type in real time but that worked out expensive. My second good idea was to type in notepad then opne explorer and cut and paste the test.

However given I tend to browse more on holiday now, I have been using the new internet cafe in the shopping centre one block south of the Atlantico. Its based in the mall area itselft and charges R$8 per hour.

The weather is much better and I have some t-shirts to pick up from the laundry (R$6 each T shirt)

Adriano sayed the night but we had no sex (my wish). I wasn't sure he went back to hotels but too many people said he did. In my mind I had him above that sortof thing.

He was very nervous about seen going in at that time of night. Guess Andrew read him better that I did.

Botofoga Praia shops are worth visiting for the veiw alone. They have 2 restaurants in top and some fast food places and the iew is spectacular right across the bay.

bean dipand black bean soup

If i was a writer i might be inclined to write a book about the characters in Rio. Most of us would appear once or twice as filling in with a few main characters. Joey strikes me as a main character, he reminds me of an older tintin. One of us wondered whether he has had face work (it wasn't me), personaly I think he has looked after himself. Certainly it was a surprise to see him in rollerblades one evening at coruljihnas restaurant and it looked so normal.

It sort of reminds me of tales of the city. I enjoyed reading about one character so much. Later i picked up a book further along in the series only to discover this characters ashes sprinkled on the garden some books ago. I was so shocked I never read another one in the series. So look after this character please guys.

Live sex shows are always funny and the one in Estacion last night was no exception. Joey and Bert were somewhere at the front and got more than an eyeful. Joet refered to it as a bean dip. everytime the active put his know in. it brought something out with it.

I'm glad i wasn't near the front. The passive guy was hooded so no one would recognise him but I think most people knew who he was. He works at 202 and is 21. He proudly tells people he is passive and i guess he makes good money this way.

He wasn't so happy when i refused to buy him a drink in incontrus. I told him it wasn't sauna and he had just appeared in a sex show so he must have some money left?

I had the black bean soup at Coruljinhas last night and i was very nice.

Andrew is on his way back to Istanbul and had a good time judging from the note he left me.(4 guys on his last day 3 of whom were good)

Archived