THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rio from a "carioca" point of view

RioDude
This topic is 7375 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok - after lurking these forums for a while I've decided to contribute my two bits... First let me start by saying I was truly dissapointed I didn't get to meet any M4Mers in May when I went home (Rio) for two weeks. Guess I should have planned better and tried to schedule something up over email (but I'm sure I saw some of you at 202).

Anyway - been sponsoring the saunas in Rio since I was a young lad in my early twenties (Roger's has been open since the mid eighties). Used to be very seedy and the boys(men) were pretty rough trade. You gotta thank 117 for the great work that they did since that place single handedly transformed the sauna landscape in Rio and Sao Paulo. And now that I can play sugardaddy when I go home from NYC its all the more fun.

My favorite one is 117 - I have a really good rapport with some of the boys and usually end up with the same three or four, unless there is some new eye candy. In May there were two that just started that were pretty good - Cledson and Daniel. My other usuals are Renato, Vladimir, Sandro (who I did not see there this time) and Robson. I know some here think the world of Anderson and Johnny but both of them have a very hard time being versatile with me sooooo......

At 202 I've been out with Breno a few times and actually ran into a guy I had hooked up with on the street (Marcelo) who is now working as a boy at 202 and we went out a few times. He is truly versatile and a lot of fun. Another Renato (big guy with tatoos and very thin goatee) that used to work at 117 and now is at 202 is also a lot of fun. He makes a big deal about giving it up but is actually a very good bottom and really enjoys it once you get going. But my favorite at 202 is Fernando - a big lug of a man. And next on my list is Darke the massage guy.

I've been going to Rio bout every four months for a week or long weekend - just finished the remodeling of the condo I bought in Gloria

with a great view of the bay and Sugar Loaf and a 5 minute walk from 117. Total cost of purchase and remodeling (1 bedroom) - 25K ! Hope to see some of you there in September. NYC M4Mers give a holler.

Cheers,

US$25,000 sounds about right for a 1 bedroom apartment in Gloria. It's a somewhat faded middle-class neighborhood very close to downtown (the first subway stop in the Zona Sul after Cinelandia, downtown). Club 117 is in Gloria, close to the Metro station.

Hey Gulliver - expat from Rio living in Hells Kitchen. Originally from the Leblon neighborhood in Rio where my parents still live. Was looking for a hideaway in Rio after 9/11 and found this sweet 1 bed/1 bath (bout 800 sq/ft) with a postcard picture perfect view of the bay/sugarloaf/gloria church.

Actually had never been to 117 but started going once the remodeling started in my apartment. Good luck with Casa Gulliver - let me know if you're up for drinks/dinner around town.

Just confirming - 25K is 25,000 dollars. The apartment was 45K (reais) and the remodeling another 25K. With the exchange rate at the time it came down to about 25K US.

cheers,

Archived