THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Proper sauna wear

world traveler
This topic is 7356 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

You can wear your clothes in sauna,and sit in the bar/lounge area, you do not have to change into a towel. If the issue is embarassment, Just know that there are many body types in the sauna, and I have seen guys in their 70's there, and no one really pays any attention to your body...they are too busy looking at the boys!

Guest tommy15

The first two times I went to Sauna I wore gym shorts and a tee shirt due to modisty and body consciousness. Now I just wear a towel like EVERYONE else. Don't worry, you'll be fine in towel, and our anglo sense of modesty goes OUT the window anyway on all occations. But this is your choice, you can wear whatever you like.

When I went to the saunas on my first and second visits, I wore one of those robes which are provided on request. I felt fine and looked as if I were holding court since I apparently was the only one at Roger's and Estacau and Club 117 who sported it.

Last October I decided to chuck the robe and wear my colorful boxers and matching t's. I threw the towel over my shoulder and went about my business. Apparently no one became alarmed or bothered by my choice of attire. Nowadays, even some of the scorts wear their swim trunks instead of towels, so the choice of towel vs. any type of clothing is one's choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davenida

How to dress in a proper manner is not the question in a Brazilian sauna for us gringos. The question is what to wear to be comfortable! Wear whatever you want, be comfortable, and have a great time.

I agree with the others: towel.

What was not mentioned is that you must wear flipflops at all times (you get them with your key and towel). Even walking from the bed to the bath, I've had a garoto point to my feet to remind me to wear the sandals.

Dick

Guest ihpguy

Talking about those flip-flops. I have a helluva time walking up and down the stairs in them after taking a shower. What is the secret? And please, don't tell me to practice in heels. I haven't done that in decades.

Archived