THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Recommendation WITHDRAWN for Boris - Lifestylebrazil

Guest Jake
This topic is 7382 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sometime back I made the mistake of recommending publicly (and privately to a number of people) the services of this individual as a business agent in Brasil. While my early experience was, indeed, very satisfactory, later it deteriorated to the point of incompetance and worse. To anyone that may have utilized his services as a result of that recommendation, I apologize. To anyone who hasn't - DON'T! If you are currently doing business, supervise your progress and contracts carefully, don't allow the prepayment of contracts, deal directly with the vendors and don't allow him to become enmeshed in your affairs via any accounts or utilities in his (or his companion Gil's) name. And please take this new recommendation - Extract yourself as quickly and cleanly as you can.

If you have any questions, send me a private email.

I agree 100% with the recommendations made here. Boris is indeed an interesting person at times to talk with and congenial. His services are relatively inexpensive and he can look like a good charge d'affaires HOWEVER as an organizer he is totally incompetent and there are other choices of agents.

He likes to blame his shortcomings on "well that is the Braziliero way

and you have to understand" I have learned the hard way that it is indeed not the Braziliero way but the Boris way.

If you are presently involved in a project - handle your own payments as you will be able to sequence the payments as work progresses and not be let in the position of having no leverage with providers.

Guest dreynsol

Thanks for both of your comments!

I had visited his forum and was somewhat taken in by his eagerness to help us uninformed gringoes :-)

It's also encouraging to hear the Brazilian way is not quite as slow and bureaucratic as he makes it out to be.

If you have any recommendations concerning reputable real estate agents, please let me know (either on-line or off). I've been saving my coins for a place in paradise! :-)

Muito Obrigado,

Drey

Archived