THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Airport hassles

sf traveler
This topic is 7400 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Could some of you that have been in/out of Rio or Sao Paulo International airports recently comment on the time it's taking to pass the security/document control stations? Is the PF strike over? Have they stopped photographing and fingerprinting Americans, or are they getting faster at it? SF Traveler

Guest Tomcal_

Two weeks ago, there was No finger printing or Photos taken at Rio airport. The small cameras have been taken off the booth!

I was at the taxi stand in 20 minutes. No photo, no fingerprints. Was told that they do the "American" thing for some of the later flights. Leaving also was not a problem, other than having to watch Wan Hallen walk away while I was crying.

I was at the taxi stand in 20 minutes. No photo, no fingerprints. Was told that they do the "American" thing for some of the later flights. Leaving also was not a problem, other than having to watch Wan Hallen walk away while I was crying.

As the US decided to fingerprint all other nationalities, the Brasilian government decided to abandon this practice against American nationals as it sees that this practice wasn't meant specifically against Brasilian nationals...

From now on the delays at the airports will be due to another reasons, not fingerprinting anymore...

Um abraço a todos,

As the US decided to fingerprint all other nationalities, the Brasilian government decided to abandon this practice against American nationals as it sees that this practice wasn't meant specifically against Brasilian nationals...

From now on the delays at the airports will be due to another reasons, not fingerprinting anymore...

Um abraço a todos,

Archived