THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Legal Age

Guest tetralingual
This topic is 7349 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest tetralingual

After having been a faithful reader of this site, I am finally coming out of the closet. This site got me interested in Brazil and I have actually been three times to Rio. Each time I have had a wonderful time, never a problem of any sort. On Friday night, however, I went to Le Boy and was approached by a gorgeous young boy, 20 years old in my opinion. His English was pretty good and we agreed to go to a nearby motel. Just by accident, just before leaving the bar I happend to see his ID. The boy was 15 !! To me he seemed to be 20! I don't know the legal age and asked him. He replied that " no one cares about this in Brazil ". I certainly do care. Off course I didn't go with him. I was scared and thankful that I saw his ID.

Now I am wondering what is the legal age in Brazil ? 15 ? 16 ? 18 ?

The boy was cute, intelligent and looked like a 20 year old, but I certainly don't want to do something illegal.

Guest Tomcal_

NEVER NEVER go with anyone under 18!! You will end up in a Brazilian prison! Number one, a known scam is for a under 18 boy to go with you to a sex motel, or your hotel have sex and then tell you unless you give him $500, 1,000. etc he will go to the police and report you!!

Check their I.D.'s if in doubt, if you dont' recognize them from the suanas, run away if they don't have TWO forms of I.D. showing over 18

The suanas require two if they have any doubts about the age!

Guest tetralingual

RE: Under 18

I am so happy that I saw the ID. I am also so glad that I followed my intuition not to go with the boy, despite the encouragement from him.

I wonder how a minor can be let into the bars/ discos? I am apalled.

>Why are you APPALLED, as Central and South American

>destinations are the VERY HAVENS of the sexual tourists

>looking for "little boys" to fuck? :(

Elsewhere on this board, the term "sexual tourist" has been debated endlessly without a meaningful consensus of opinion.

I have been to Brazil many times and have made friends with several adult locals including those with families. Moreover, while I was in Brazil, I met numerous people from this board and I have had long and indepth conversations with many of them. Contrary to your posting, not one person displayed an interest or even hinted that they engaged in the sort of behavior you alleged in your posting.

On what authority do you base your statement that Central and South America are the "VERY HAVENS" for adult tourists to seek sex with children? I think that your posting is erroneous and hurtful to your fellow posters of this board who, among other things, use this forum as a source of useful information.

Also, please read the other postings here (or use the search function within the message center) for answers to many questions, including this one. There's tons of useful information here now.

I'm very glad you followed your instinct. In Brazil the legal age is 18 and there IS enforcement. When in doubt, run! You never, EVER want to become familiar with the Brazilian criminal justice system as a defendant!

And VaHawk seems to know way more about child sex havens than anyone else here. Why would that be? x(

(P.S. Child prostitution is a problem in Brazil, but I've rarely run into underage boys offering themselves, and never met a foreigner here looking for such action. The problem here seems to be much more related to female prostitution, and there are regular raids on bordellos and bars in the red light districts to pick up minors and arrest the owners/procurers.)

"And VaHawk seems to know way more about child sex havens than anyone else here. Why would that be?"

Maybe because I don't bury my head in the sand? Maybe because unlike others, I don't let my "love" for a country, put me in a state of denial that child prostitution exists in that country, has for generations, and is indeed a magnet for sexual tourist pedophiles, and despite your VERY admission about child prostitution in Brazil, DON'T EVEN PRETEND that it is only with underaged girls! Gee, all it takes is a google search on the subject, so why PRETEND that it doesn't exist.

And as far as my stating the obvious, I FAIL to see where such statement affects anyone who posts on this forum, or HOW in any way it is a disservice to such people. I'm real sure that I didn't accuse ANYONE here of engaging is such activities, and if stating that such activities are infamous, as well as well documented, bothers you, then you are the one with a problem.

• 1 month later...

Our objection is that you have a way of posting things that IMPLY that other M4Mers are in fact going to Brazil and other places in Latin America for sex with underage boys, while you are somehow holier than anyone.

Having been involved with this forum since its beginning, I can assure you that I don't EVER recall any postings here by anyone looking for sex with kids. I've also met a fair number of other M4Mers (mostly in Brazil) and have never observed them showing any interest in guys who are underaged.

It's a big world, and I have no doubt that there are pedophiles out there, including in Brazil and other Latin American countries. However, they aren't here on M4M, as far as I can tell. I assume they hang out elsewhere on the web. On M4M we've been as clear as humanly possible that we DON'T encourage sex with minors, and on repeated occasions (and again here) I've warned about the dangers involved. Sex with minors has become a hot-button issue in Brazil and other Latin American countries. People are being arrested and prosecuted for such activities, and believe me, nobody here should ever want to become familiar with the workings of the Latin American criminal justice systems from the inside!!!

We've also pointed out that in Brazil (and all other Latin American countries) people are expected to carry some form of national ID which includes their birthdates. It's OK to ask to see someone's ID if you're in doubt about their age. (Age of consent varies from country to country; you'll have to check locally to find out what it is. In Brazil it's 18, and in other countries you can't go wrong by limiting yourself only to those over 18.) One of the advantages of patronizing the saunas or using the established agencies in Brazil is that the owners/managers check their guys' IDs for age. They also don't want or need problems of this kind. You can be sure the guys you meet at the saunas/agencies are of legal age.

And that's enough on this topic.

• 2 months later...
Guest davenida

Just wanted to say......good for you! It is wonderful to see that some of my fellow members have good character!

Rarely has there been such an important topic where the misinformation is so rampant. Gay men continue to associate, for example, Thailand with child prostitition even though the Thais have been vigororusly prosecuting this for the last decade (pushed, in part, by clauses in US & Eurpoean trade agreements) and the center of this trade has moved elsewhere (first Manila and later Phenom Penh). Brazil is hardly in the same category as the Dominican Republic or Costa Rica (or Sri Lanka to hit another continent); the data just aren't there.

You can find child prostitution in the US (and Europe) on an organized scale, but we rarely hear about it, even though it is not sperable from the problems in "devloping" countries. I recently saw an interesting look at the politics of child prostitition that also touches on issues of consent; it was on "Catholics for Choice", an obviously liberal site (I think I got there via a link from one of weblogs that keeps an eye on fundies), but the analysis which focuses primarily on women is interesting, even though I don't agree with some important parts of it (e.g., the advisability of minors engaging in sex work as a "choice").

http://catholicsforchoice.org/conscience/current/sextrafficking.htm

Archived