THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Brazilian Cell Problems???

goingtorio
This topic is 7461 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone who keeps in touch with anyone in Rio ever had the problem where you can try their cell for a few days and you get nothing but the message (which I believe) means they have no signal == aposo signal or something like that -- if so, why the heck would someone not have a signal for a day or two? HELP!?!?

>- - their cell for a few days and you

>get nothing but the message (which I believe) means they have

>no signal == aposo signal or something like that -- if so, why

>the heck would someone not have a signal for a day or two?

>HELP!?!?

There is no ongoing problem with the cell phones in Brazil. If you cannot reach a party who has a cell phone number the following is likely the reasons:

1. The cell phone is turned off (you hear a recording stating this).

2. The battery discharged which caused the phone to turn itself off (you hear the same recording as though the telephone were turned off).

3. The cell phone is temporarily in a location where reception is poor (this also happens to cell phones located in America). You hear the same recording as above.

4. The party does not answer the telephone. You hear a different recording than you hear with the above scenarios. The recording tells you to leave a message.

5. The telephone is disconnected. You hear yet a different recording from the two mentioned above. The recording states that the telephone number is no longer in service.

I travel often to Brazil. Last year I purchased a cell phone for use in Brazil. After I learned the cell phone's attributes, I became completely satisfied with the quality of service from the cell phone company provider.

Be patient and keep trying the number unless, of course, the number is disconnected.

You're reaching the voice mail. Wait for the beep and leave a message! It's very possible that someone is out of the service area for several days and not taking calls. He may have run out of credits. Also, if he's got a pre-paid phone and gets a call from outside his home service area he has to pay a roaming charge for calls he receives (but not for the call itself). However, those charges can be high and will use up his credits, so he's probably just doing voice mails and checking them, to avoid making too many calls.

Archived