THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Conscientious Observer

Guest dreynsol
This topic is 7463 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest dreynsol

I've been reading the posts here for quite some time and I have finally decided to come out of the closet and give back in some form what I have received from this forum. My first trip was last November, unfortunately after the M4M party there. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical of Rio before my first adventure there, but after experiencing it first hand, it has been nothing but a true love affair since.

I will be making my second visit on May 20th with two fellow M4M-ers and I am anxiously counting the days. This evening, I read Jackhammer's diary of his adventures while there. It was somewhat amusing to read from his posts... his transformation from an uptight Americano to the life of a Cariocan. I have to admit I experienced the same wonderful transformation while I was there.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions that led me to have one of the best experiences of my life.

My only regret, if there is one, is that I wished I were better prepared to communicate with the beautiful garatos that I met there. After a few "days in heaven" with my companions there, a true friend of mine brought me back to reality by stating "well, what do you know about this person". Yeah, I know the voice of your Mother follows you everywhere.

Well, I'm no Mother Teresa, but I do like to get to know my companions other than the Biblical sense.

So if there are any potential newbies to the Cidade Maravilhoso, I would recommend "Barron's Mastering Portuguese" available at most Barnes and Nobles and to test your knowledge, tuning into:

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm, and selecting the Brazilian channels

Any country that has a TV channel with a religous show followed by "Todo Sobre Sexo" (all about sex) has my support!

I have video clips playable in QuickTime from my first trip if anyone is interested and has a high speed Internet connection, I'd been glad to send them along.

Otherwise, Muilto Obrigado to everyone in the Forum

Tchau,

Drey

P.S. Will let you know how my second visit goes.

Hey Drey,

ME UPTIGHT? heheh,

well, yeah, I guess you could say that. It's hard to remember what life was like before I went to RIO.

I also experienced a bit of apprehension because I felt there was no way anyplace could measure up to the hype that RIO gets in these pages. I was wrong. THEY were right (whoever THEY are). The spirit of the place, it's people, the scenery, my gosh, there's is no place like it on earth that I have seen. And I don't mean just the sex. Everyone had more sex than I did (although I had plenty). But compared to my good friends Tomcal and Funseeker, I am a freeking hermit.

I am just sorry we didn't get a chance to meet while you were down there. Maybe sometime in the future. I have made many friends from this forum on the MC and I hope to make many more.

"The spirit of the place, its people, the scenery, my gosh, there's no place like it on earth that I have seen."

Jackhammer, I wholeheartedly agree with your sense of Rio de janerio. I found this city to be everything and more than what I gleaned from the men from this board. As one who has traveled rather extensively throughout our world-- having been to six of the seven continents and having lived in two-- Australia and my own country-- I have since deduced that Brasil is my most favorite and the place.

In October of last year I was in the country for almost a month, visiting various parts. In my doing all of this, and in spite of my liking all of the adventures and the experiences that I encountered-- Rio is "the place." If I had the memory that I once possessed, I'd truly learn Brasilian Portuguese and move to Rio. But as it looks at the present time, I'll have to continue to visit periodically and stay longer!:9

Archived