THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Northeastern Notes

escorpion
This topic is 7376 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Following are some notes on visits to saunas in Salvador (during Carnaval), Recife and Fortaleza right after Carnaval (late Feb. - early March 2004). Observations may be skewed because of the timing during Carnaval and after when locals are probably broke. Also, I visited a couple of adult cines (Salvador & Recife)

as well as in Rio, but haven’t included any comments here.

Anyway, the two saunas I went to in Salvador were Persona and OMNI. Both are relatively close to the Pelourinho - Campo Grande area, and I walked to them from Pelo (probably not recommended at nite during other periods when there would be fewer people on the street). Neither of these saunas is very large (at least in Rio terms) and weren’t very busy. There didn’t seem to be any activity amongst clients and the set up didn’t really lend itself to that. The boys there were all or mostly black, not surprising given the makeup of the local population. Persona (Rua Junqueira Aires, 230 in Barris) tended to have more muscular types and they were much more aggressive - actively pursuing me as soon as I got in the door, pressure which I found a bit off-putting. At OMNI (R. Augusto França, 22 at Dois de Julho), on the other hand, they were much more relaxed, more numerous and a better variety. Prices were reasonable - R$ 12 - 15 entrance, cabines free or cheap and the garotos R$ 30 - 40. Had a “massage” with one of the guys at OMNI - keep your money for sex as the so-called massage plus room cost nearly as much as a programma and had none of the benefits!

The saunas in Recife much better than those I visited in Salvador, especially the Boa Vista sauna in the Boa Vista neighborhood. It’s easy to get to (I took the bus from Olinda, or taxi is about R$ 12 - 15 to Olinda, less to destinations in Recife proper) and in a middle-class neighborhood (Rua dom Manoel Pereira, 63), not far from Parque 13 de Mayo. Lots of hot garotos, nice variety, and not pushy at all. This is very much a mixed (rent and activity amongst clients) place, with many local guys, many of them pretty decent, and lots of opportunity to play with them as well. Almost felt sorry for the programma boys - so much free competition! The place is big, reasonably priced (R$ 14 entrance) with free (small with bare plastic-covered mattresses) or better-quality pay cabines. Highly recommended, even for week nights as there was an ample supply of boys and a fair number of other guys as well.

Also went on one occasion to the Blue Sauna in Boa Vista (Rua José Domingues da Silva, 147). It’s on a small, poorly signed residential street which intersects Rua da Feirinha (AKA Souza Leão) which runs inland from beach near up the side of Praça da Boa Viagem.) Easily walkable from the beach / Praca, but keep your eyes open to the left for the side street - at least 2 pharmacies on the corner. While there was nothing really to complain about, it was less active (being mid week) and the boys appealed to me less (oh, how quickly we get jaded!!) than the Boa Vista. The going price in both places was R$ 30.

The sauna scene in Fortaleza was less exciting than Recife. Although there are quite a few saunas there, all in the Centro area, none that I visited seemed very busy, at least in comparison with Recife. The first place I tried, Sauna Via Centro, Av. Tristao Goncalves, 744) was basically dead, even late afternoon on a Friday. Despite advertising the presence of boys, there weren’t any. I left and headed to Kaliente - much better and overall the only one I’d recommend in Fortaleza. It’s at Rua 25 de Março, 1074, entrance through the parking lot, at the corner of Rua Duque de Caxias. Taxi back to the beaches R$10 - 15. Again, a mixed (programma boys and amongst-themselves clientele). One confusing note - no color differential in towels between the garotos de programma and the clients, some of which could easily have been garotos. Good opportunities for non-garoto encounters in the dark room, video room or not-too-hot sauna vapor. The one garoto I went with there (who had the most magnificent dick I’ve seen in a long time

javascript:smilie('}(') ) in fact didn’t confirm that he was one until we were in a cabine. (Sadly, he wasn’t there on the other occasions when I returned.) Best to go early, even on weekends - everyone seems to disappear, clientele and boys, before 9 pm.). Sun. eve only had 3 garotos - much less busy than Friday and Saturday. Also tried Termas Iracema (Rua Vicente Leite, 2.020), supposedly highly rated, late Sunday afternoon - no garotos and not a lot else either. All in all, Kaliente seems to be the best bet, so long as expectations are not too high.

Would you kindly apprise us of your experiences at the cines? My good friend was suppose to have gone to one in Rio in Cinelandia; I listened to his description but remained mute!

I guess I'm curious enough to the extent to think if I'm up to this type of funnnnnnnn! Ouchhhhhh!

• 3 months later...

I visited Salvador last month (June). After reading your post my first call was at Rua Augusta Franca 22, Dois de Julho area, which should have been Thermas Omni. Alas, it had undergone a sex change! Only girls were on offer! I note that the Guiagaybrasil still shows a gay sauna with this name at this address, while the Romanus.8k site lists it as gay, at the same address, but with the name Scorpios.

After that disappointment I went on to Sauna Persona, in Barris, that was fine. Other nights I went to Sauna Rio's, in Barris, and Thermas Olympus, in Aflitos. All were fine, with a good number of garotos. All these are in "back street" locations, and I went by taxi, as I was staying in Barra. The reception was always ready to phone for a taxi when I wanted to go.

Archived