THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Consolidator Airfare website

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7480 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

I have used this site to buy tickets to Rio. They also have a phone number to call for last minute tickets(i.e. 3 days in advance) prior to this month, these tickets are eligible for miles but not for upgrades, but American Airlines JUST changed their policy and now they are also upgradable! http://www.airlineconsolidator.com

Guest Tomcal_

I just found out today, that American Airlines has changed it's policy and now allows for milage upgrades on "consolidator" tickets!

This post is a cruel attempt at psychological sabotage. Mr. Tomcal is trying to make those of us who desperately want to, but are unable, go to Rio with him tomorrow feel like we should make one last effort. But I can't go....unless you comp my ticket! :)

Guest Tomcal_

Lucky, you are right! I figured by posting that, it might just be enough to put you over the edge and you would get your ticket and join us guys this week(there are 10 of us that will be in rio). It's still not too late!}(

Driver's comments enabled me to reflect on what happened last November when "the gang of 20" had left Rio. On that rainy Sunday evening outside C...'s Restaurant, the place was devoid of M4Mers but full of sad, but goodlooking cariocas wanting to hook up with the very few of us who remained. My sexual appetite had already been whetted since I'd just returned from Club 117, so they were out of luck with me.:-)

Last evening I went to the site that TomCal recommended and suggested: I, too, wish I were able to be in easy-going, "kick back" Rio, now, too! Thanks Tom!:-) :-)

And guys, do enjoy yourselves immensely, but please keep the environs (hotels and restaurants and other venues) indeed sane for us! I know we would not to read about new constraints which have been employed by the state and fed governments re: certain activities that prevailed when the Yanks from a certain site decided to meet and play in the second "paradise"! lol lol:-) :9 :-) :9 :-) :9 :-) Ouch!

A repeat of my earlier post on priceline.com. From a Florida starting point with one stop (Miami) I have been buying round-trips to Rio in the $350-400 range for almost a year (monthly). What`s more, they`re on my regular airline - American - at my regular times. Further, with gold frequent flyer status, I immediately call the ff desk and request exit row seating which they must do (row 20 on the 767`s out of Miami which recline and are not bulkhead). This not only gives legroom approaching business-class on American, but forces them to enter a frequent flier number not normally available with priceline. The best of all worlds.

Jake: Thanks for the tip on priceline. Last fall was my first trip to Rio. I paid $700. Then, at the last minute, Delta offered a sale for $500. Not good.

I am planning another trip soon, and have been searching for a cheap fare. Not only are the fares not cheap, there also more expensive than last year (about $800). Following your suggestion, I tried priceline and found one from Miami for $601. Not the $300-400 range you mentioned in your post, but a lot better than what I've been able to find so far.

Thanks again.

Guest PSJack

Hi Tomcal:

We are coming back to Brazil again this fall and I called both the airline consolidator and American Airlines and was told that if I bought tickets from the consolidator, AA would not let me use advantage miles to upgrade to business. Any tricks you used? Thanks

Archived