THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Just got these fares from United E-fares email

dick_nyc
This topic is 7500 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Save on hotels coast to coast

Book your next hotel stay at united.com, save up to 50%. Find rooms in San Francisco for as low as $66 a night, Las Vegas for $39 or Orlando for $40 a night. Book now. - Domestic destinations

- International destinations

- E-Fares promotions

- Special deals

Richard D Thompson,

Welcome to your weekly E-Fares. Plan your next weekend getaway or international escape today!

E-Fares are available for roundtrip travel. Seats are limited and available for purchase through Friday (March 5, 2004).

This weekend E-Fares

Sample fares are for travel beginning Saturday (March 6, 2004) and returning Monday (March 8, 2004) or Tuesday (March 9, 2004). Additional taxes and fees apply.*

Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) Los Angeles (LAX) $211

Eugene (EUG) Portland (PDX) $95(9)

Los Angeles (LAX) New York City (JFK) $215

Seattle (SEA) San Francisco (SFO) $120

Washington, D.C. (IAD) Austin (AUS) $189(5)

Search all E-Fares

Next weekend E-Fares

Sample fares are for travel beginning Saturday (March 13, 2004) and returning Monday (March 15, 2004) or Tuesday (March 16, 2004). Additional taxes and fees apply.*

Boston (BOS) Washington, D.C. (IAD) $122(3)

Cleveland (CLE) Denver (DEN) $198

Los Angeles (LAX) Denver (DEN) $179

Memphis (MEM) Chicago (ORD) $148(2,4)

Washington, D.C. (IAD) New York City (LGA) $99(3)

Search all E-Fares

Latin E-Fares

Sample fares are for travel beginning March 8 through March 11, 2004 and returning March 15 through March 18, 2004. Additional taxes and fees apply.*

Chicago (ORD) Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (GIG) $459

Denver (DEN) Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU) $539

Los Angeles (LAX) Montevideo, Uruguay (MVD) $489

San Francisco (SFO) Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE) $489

Washington, D.C. (IAD) Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)

Thanks for the information, but as I read through the listings, I deduced that these fares are for fast getaways and returns. Am I correct in my reading? Unless it was duly urgent that I get to Rio and back as cited-- I think I'd be too tired to enjoy myself to the fullest! Clarify for me, please!:-) :9 :-)

I get these weekly also and they are for a departure dates within the next week or so. Better make sure that you have a Brazilian Visa before you jump on board.

Funny thing is that enticing Rio fares shown always seem to come up as "no qualifying flights available", at least from LAX. I try all of the available dates as a game and they have never worked 100% -sometimes one way but never the R/T.

The Buenos Aires Fare today of $468 R/T did work, however I was unable to travel at that time. I would love to visit this City too.

RE: Visas for Argentina

U.S. citizens do NOT require a visa to visit Argentina, nor do most Europeans. Citizens of the U.K. or Commonwealth nations should check with the Argentine embassy/consulate, because there may still be visa requirements left over from the Falklands war.

Archived