THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Working out in Rio

Guest R STAFF
This topic is 7498 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There are gyms all over the place in Copacabana. On my first trip to Rio in October 2002, I used Gold's Gym on Av. Nostra Senhora de Copacabana and R.Paula Freitas. It was adequate but the machines and weights looked like they were circa 1950. Incidentally, I scraped both of my shins on the end of a barbell at this Gold's and ended up with a staph infection in both legs when I got home and was hospitalized for 3 days. Word of warning. Robb

Guest Tomcal_

I dont' want to doubt my good friend Robb's word...but he scrapped his knees while he was in Rio and he wants us to believe it happened at the Gym???? OK, if you say so!

LOL

There's Body Tech on Av. Copacabana a couple of blocks past Santa Clara going towards Ipanema. It's a very big, glitzy new gym. My boyfriend is going to the Palace Gym on Rodolfo Dantas across from the Copacabana Palace hotel. It looks modern and nice.

Body Tech is THE gym in Copacabana - If you don't mind very high prices and (usually) waiting for equipment. I would recommend the gym on the third floor of the shopping center at the corner of Rua Sequeira Campos and Barata Rubeiro (the next corner down from the Atlantico Hotel). Good, usually available equipment, air conditioning, and reasonable prices.

Jake

Archived