THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

trilingual
This topic is 7514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just an alert for you guys who travel to or call Brazil that Daylight Savings Time ended in Brazil on Saturday night, so we're back on Standard Time. I.e., we're now two hours ahead of New York, four hours ahead of Los Angeles, and I forget what time behind GMT! ;)

Of course, before long the Northern Hemisphere will be on Daylight Time, so North Americans can subtract an hour from the time difference then.

>we're back on Standard Time. I.e., we're now two hours ahead

>of New York, four hours ahead of Los Angeles, and I forget

>what time behind GMT! ;)

I believe that's 5 hours ahead of LA.

GMT -300

For the chronologically challenged, this means that when both hemispheres are on standard time, the local time in Eastern South America is 5:00 p.m. when it's noon in Los Angeles. It's 2:00 p.m. in Rio and Buenos Aires when it's noon in New York. And it's 9:00 a.m. when it's noon in London, 8:00 a.m. when it's noon in Berlin.

When the northern hemisphere goes on daylight savings time, appropriate adjustments need to be made to those times.

The same is true when parts of Brazil go on daylight savings time during the southern hemisphere summer. (Argentina has not adopted daylight savings time during the summer in the past few years. It stays on standard time all year.)

Archived